Alighnment shop bitching about car being lowered

SpectorV

Established Member
The local Ford dealer tried to get it on the alignment rack and they managed to get it to clear by about .25 inches lol~

SlowYellow

Established Member
If I had a shop complain about my lowered car I would get my keys back and find another shop. The place thats doing my full bumpsteer and alignment has zero issues with lowered cars. They deal with badass street cars, race cars and actually race themselves....... Alittle food for thought.......

This... I actually did that. I took the car to a shop that is a 1/4 mile from my house. They said very rudely that they don't mess with modified cars. Ok, done deal, they never have gotten any of my business. I ended up finding a place that's about 30 mins away and I'm pretty sure that it's the same place that Troy is talking about. They are cheaper than other places and will set it to your requested specs, no questions asked.

So, long story short, there are places out there you just have to find them. Good luck.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
This... I actually did that. I took the car to a shop that is a 1/4 mile from my house. They said very rudely that they don't mess with modified cars. Ok, done deal, they never have gotten any of my business. I ended up finding a place that's about 30 mins away and I'm pretty sure that it's the same place that Troy is talking about. They are cheaper than other places and will set it to your requested specs, no questions asked.

So, long story short, there are places out there you just have to find them. Good luck.

All Aspects Tuning? Thats were Jay and Brent recommend I take my car to

10sec89

Established Member
Update!

I picked up the car last night. They finally got it on the rack by pushing it on and off so no one was in the car, that gave it just enough clearance. Out come was fantastic, all number are good and it drives like new. I will say it was a pain in the ass though. I am a mechanic for a living (Industrial Equipment), and I felt bad they had so many issues, but the out come was great and they weren't upset. I purchased the unlimited 3 year free alignment deal and told them I would be back every month.....that got dirty looks.............I told them just kidding ya.

Last edited:

jpk

Established Member
I had a similar problem after I got my Steeda Sport Srings and CC plates installed. The shop that did the install took it to get aligned and what came back was way out of alignment. Didn't pay for the alignment because it was so bad.

Took it to local Ford dealer and they spent 2 days getting it aligned. They originally said $70 alignment, then called back and said they were having a hell of a time as the car was lowered and they had to take apart the front suspension to get it right. I don't know what they took apart, but it was clear the CC plates had been moved when I got it back. They charged me $300 bucks for a 'performance alignment'!

CobRoush-00

Established Member
Update!

I picked up the car last night. They finally got it on the rack by pushing it on and off so no one was in the car, that gave it just enough clearance. Out come was fantastic, all number are good and it drives like new. I will say it was a pain in the ass though. I am a mechanic for a living (Industrial Equipment), and I felt bad they had so many issues, but the out come was great and they weren't upset. I purchased the unlimited 3 year free alignment deal and told them I would be back every month.....that got dirty looks.............I told them just kidding ya.

I am sure these guys don't want to see you ever again. I don't blame them. Honestly, I can understand their frustration as well. Sometimes, it bugs me that I can't drive my car in certain places because of the low profile. However, I wouldn't change it for the world :burnout:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
find the shop that does the local racers alignments....thats what I did with mine. They wont complain because they are used to it.

When I was picking my lightning up from alignment...they had a porsche GT3 on the rack

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
I don't know where to take my car around here. Im installing a bump steer kit, and needing to get it realigned, but most shops around here hate aligning anything that has been modified at all. I guess Ill just have to call around and see who wants to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread