alcoa super snake wheels are in!!

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
Mine should be sent out tomorrow according to SPP, might not get here until next week though with the holidays. Ah well, don't have the tires yet anyway.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Mine have to get to cruizin concepts first, then they have to paint them gloss black before they get sent to me. Soon though

USV8PWR

Established Member
Mine have to get to cruizin concepts first, then they have to paint them gloss black before they get sent to me. Soon though

Ordered mine through the same place Devious. Their shipping was cheaper than through Shelby. Also ordered my CS1 Shelby wheels (that are on the car now) through them as well. They are a great company.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Ordered mine through the same place Devious. Their shipping was cheaper than through Shelby. Also ordered my CS1 Shelby wheels (that are on the car now) through them as well. They are a great company.

yea they are. The wheels I had on my last car was from them. Im glad ordered them right away, they raised the price 100 bucks per wheel after I ordered. As of right now looks like im going to take the tpms off my stock wheels and put them on the new ones along with Nitto Invos for street duty, 275 front ( hopefully) 295 rear

Snoopy49

Established Member
As of right now looks like I'm going to take the tpms off my stock wheels and put them on the new ones along with Nitto Invos for street duty, 275 front ( hopefully) 295 rear

I was told that the 2013 GT500's TPMS's wouldn't work on the Alcoa's, you have to use the 2012's. Let us know if the 2013's work.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I was told that the 2013 GT500's TPMS's wouldn't work on the Alcoa's, you have to use the 2012's. Let us know if the 2013's work.

I spoke to the guys on the phone and they were under the same impression. However they found that the 2013 tpms is different and the car may not read the 2011-2012 model....I was skeptical but he said the best bet would be to do a swap. I will do it and see if it works ill let everyone know; if not I will have to get the 2011-12 and hope they work. I know Iceman has alcoa's on his 2013 and I think he is using the older ones but Im not sure....we will see

Snoopy49

Established Member
I have a set of the 2012 TPMS's coming and was told by a couple of guys that they will be recognized by the 13. The downside is my quest for 200 MPH is no longer possible, the upside is now I have an excuse for not being able to go 200 MPH.:rolling:

Myfast70

Established Member
I have a set of the 2012 TPMS's coming and was told by a couple of guys that they will be recognized by the 13. The downside is my quest for 200 MPH is no longer possible, the upside is now I have an excuse for not being able to go 200 MPH.:rolling:

Why is 200 no longer possible?

USV8PWR

Established Member
yea they are. The wheels I had on my last car was from them. Im glad ordered them right away, they raised the price 100 bucks per wheel after I ordered. As of right now looks like im going to take the tpms off my stock wheels and put them on the new ones along with Nitto Invos for street duty, 275 front ( hopefully) 295 rear

Hey, I wish I hadn't ordered the tpms sensors with my CS1 Shelbys. It was an additional $200. However, since I got my wheels in several months before I got my car the sensors fell asleep and my technician could not get them to program. Well after a phone call to Cruzin Concepts we found out that after the sensors become dormant the only thing that will wake them up is taking all of the tires to 0 pressure, letting them sit for 10 minutes, and refilling them with the proper air pressure. Talk about a big PITA! I didn't have time that day to do all of that so mine are still not programmed. No big deal really; the warning light is very small and half the time it doesn't come on anyway! So yeah, if you want the TPMS I would probably use them off of your old tires.

I have 255 front and 315 rear Nitto Invos on my CS1's. Will post pics soon...everyone loves these wheels that has seen my car. I just ordered the Alcoa's to have them.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Hey, I wish I hadn't ordered the tpms sensors with my CS1 Shelbys. It was an additional $200. However, since I got my wheels in several months before I got my car the sensors fell asleep and my technician could not get them to program. Well after a phone call to Cruzin Concepts we found out that after the sensors become dormant the only thing that will wake them up is taking all of the tires to 0 pressure, letting them sit for 10 minutes, and refilling them with the proper air pressure. Talk about a big PITA! I didn't have time that day to do all of that so mine are still not programmed. No big deal really; the warning light is very small and half the time it doesn't come on anyway! So yeah, if you want the TPMS I would probably use them off of your old tires.

I have 255 front and 315 rear Nitto Invos on my CS1's. Will post pics soon...everyone loves these wheels that has seen my car. I just ordered the Alcoa's to have them.

thanks for the info bud! my thinking after talking with the guy was " why bother getting sensors for wheels that I will only use on the track and such? so the light comes on, big deal! The alcoas are going to be my street setup while my stockers will now become my racetrack tire....so just swap the sensors to the ones that matter :beer:

C0bra99

Established Member
thanks for the info bud! my thinking after talking with the guy was " why bother getting sensors for wheels that I will only use on the track and such? so the light comes on, big deal! The alcoas are going to be my street setup while my stockers will now become my racetrack tire....so just swap the sensors to the ones that matter :beer:
I thought the 2013 sensors don't fit the alcoas? That is why people run the 2012.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I thought the 2013 sensors don't fit the alcoas? That is why people run the 2012.

that was the initial word, but according to them they do....and they also said the 2012 ones dont read correctly....I will try it when the time comes and report back

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I can tell you from experience, the 2013 TPMS do not work with the Alcoa's. 2 of mine failed within 30 seconds of hitting 85mph. The do not fit the Alcoa's properly. Electronically speaking, they are all compatible. I have 2012 TPMS on my car now, tested numerous times to 165ish, with no problems. SVT has verified that 2012 TPMS wil not work on 2013 SVT wheels, but electronically, all years are the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread