Alarm clock immunity/deep sleep?

SHOdown220

Established Member
Curious as to if any of you have this problem... I have a very difficult time waking up from my alarm clock. It can sit there and go off for hours and I'll sleep right through. I've tried different sounds/music with no success, I also set multiple alarms. It doesn't always happen but it happens a lot, too much. It's been affecting my work with me over sleeping. My room mate also gets pissed when she has to listen to my alarm clock.

I really just think I sleep too deep which worries me, would I wake if someone kicked my door in at 3 am? A fire? Any advice from people who have delt with this would be greatly appreciated

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I've had that happen before, its usually when I do something stupid like go to sleep at 6am and try to get up at 8am. For a while I had to set 2 alarms also.

My brother had an alarm clock that would shake the entire bed to wake him up, try getting one of those.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Maybe put some sort of device under your mattress that vibrates and is triggered by your alarm.

Interesting... Never thought of that

You tapping that female roommate?

Lol everybody asks that, and no my girl wouldn't like that ha. Said roommate and I moved in when we were both single but it's not like that

JBird_Cobra

Established Member
I saw a frog alarm clock that shoots you with water when the alarm goes off. It'd just piss me off and ruin my day but that may work for you.

turnpike_cruise

4.10's FTMFW
Established Member
Yep, had that issue when I was in college. Come to think of it, I used to drink a lot back then too! Either way, I would sleep right through fire alarms and what not when I was in the dorms.

I have that now if I am unable to get to sleep at an earlier time. SVTP does not always help my cause. If your roommate is being awaken to your alarm, have her roll over and wake you up, or walk into your room, however you guys roll.

jrandy

Established Member
I have the same issue, but not to the same extent. I have to set 2-3 alarms to wake up for work every morning. It takes me a solid 20 minutes of snoozing before I actually wake up.

jconnor3

Established Member
Have you ever tried putting your lights on a timmer so they come on the same time your alarms goes off. I may not have any affect, but the bright light may help you hear the alarm and bring you out of the deep sleep a bit.

Little timers are pretty cheap and you just plug your lamp or whatever right into it.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
this reminds me of a former room mate that used to let his alarm clock go off for 45 minutes before he would get up. and his room was right next to mine. that was probably the most annoying thing ever lol

sc98cbra

Established Member
Last edited:

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Your solution

[youtube_browser]0G4j1pNAA40[/youtube_browser]

money-shredding-alarm-clock-is-completely-unforgiving-pics--a054bb3c3e.jpg

Money-Shredding Alarm Clock Is Completely Unforgiving [PICS]

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Have you ever tried putting your lights on a timmer so they come on the same time your alarms goes off. I may not have any affect, but the bright light may help you hear the alarm and bring you out of the deep sleep a bit.

Little timers are pretty cheap and you just plug your lamp or whatever right into it.

Stayed at a deaf friends years ago and his lights had a blink and timer device. No noise for obvious reasons but it worked on me too. His phone was set like that. The early systems for the deaf. He worked for the phone company was the ironic thing.

phillycobra99

Established Member
I had/have the same issue, I solved this by setting 10 alarms in five minute intervals on my phone as well as putting a regular alarm clock across the room, so I have to get up to turn it off.

Users who are viewing this thread