Airlift suspension installed (1 pic)

Pred_mech

Established Member
I am done..."for now" with my build. Here is a pic after the Mustang round up car show here in town. If anyone is interested I can make a more detailed write up with tips on how I did my system. Obviously you cannot drive it this low. I raise it up to where its lower than stock but rides the same if not better. I can lower it and it actually stiffens the ride. Best mod besides the Paxton I have done. Especially since this is my daily and the H&R SS springs, even coupled with nice shocks wasn't to my liking for DD duties.
DSCN0396_zps62879d8b.jpg

Pred_mech

Established Member
Thanks! I modified it from a 4 paddle system to a 2 paddle. I don't really need individual control of each corner. The directions are generic and I found mounting the control system a "challenge" (to say the least). I also replaced some of the plastic push fittings to some brass semi tractor type fittings. My dual sweep gauge is in a Roush pod in the a/c vent. I still have access to my spare even though I have big subs in the car. If you are interested I can elaborate in another post.

Mr.Solis

Established Member
My Air Lift kit is in the mail, so I would love to here more about the install and operation from an experienced user.

If its not to much to ask I would love to see pictures of your set-up and install!

1slo5oh

Established Member
Yeah I agree more pics... you cant tease us like this and not show us the ins and outs....looks fkn awesome!

Pred_mech

Established Member
IMG_20130331_170836_707_zpsc5cfc664.jpg

Here is the air tank. I didn't trim the unused air line. I coiled it under the carpet so I can remove the tank without losing all the air and get my spare out. I'm still playing with the idea of adding a fitting so I can use it to service my tires or something. The tank and compressor are on a carpeted piece of wood so they come out as an assembly. I also added a relay with a kill switch for the compressor. This way I can electrically disconnect it when I remove the tank or kill the system when its parked for a while.
DSCN0402_zpsda8f7e0c.jpg

Pred_mech

Established Member
I still have to wrap the rest of the wiring with wire loom so it looks nicer. I also have to finish the switch panel mounting. Although you don't see it with the cover closed.
DSCN0400_zpsa92e53f4.jpg

I had to drill 2 holes into the vent for the air lines to go to the gauge. This is by far the best location I could come up with. The air lines are stiff and will not bend to extreme angles.
DSCN0399_zpsd714097d.jpg

13DIB5.0

Established Member
Been looking at this myself as im on hr ss springs and konis and ill agree they don't ride smooth. So hows the ride/handling with this kit? Where did u purchase?

Pred_mech

Established Member
How's it handle with that suspension?

Fantastic. There is no other way of describing it. Looks good, rides like stock if not better. I can lower it more and it rides like the H&R SS springs did. I just wish it had come with better fittings.

Oh and one of the greatest things about this kit is...no more driving up on wood blocks to get it on a lift or to get a big jack under it or not being able to use ramps cause its too low. I can raise it way up. which is awesome for maintenance.
DSCN0404_zps3d240fe2.jpg

Pred_mech

Established Member
Been looking at this myself as im on hr ss springs and konis and ill agree they don't ride smooth. So hows the ride/handling with this kit? Where did u purchase?

I answered the ride Q above.
American Muscle is where I purchased it from

NOTE: the struts and shocks are NOT adjustable. Disregard AMs website. If you e-mail them and tell them they are false advertising they will just ignore you...

Users who are viewing this thread