Air to Water or Air to Air

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
are you calling out anyone one these boards with an air-air intercooler?:lol: I hope your ready for 1200+whp on the street

I run an a/a with methanol injection and it is a very good combination for a street driven car that sees track time. I run low 9's at 158.

That being said, I also believe that an a/w combination with a good heat exchanger is probably an equally good setup for the street. Factor in the ability to add ice at the track and the a/w gains a significant advantage.

With an a/a and methanol I cannot even dream of coming close to the iat temperatures that my friend sees with his a/w and ice.

I am switching over to an a/w setup this winter.

fastmustang70

Established Member
Am not calling out smart people just people that are stuiped theres a reason your swicthing to air to water am sure but if you would like to race i will your car runs about where my street car was last year for this year i have a new set up The problem is people that have no clue what they are doing on these formus are the people i would like to race

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
Am not calling out smart people just people that are stuiped theres a reason your swicthing to air to water am sure but if you would like to race i will your car runs about where my street car was last year for this year i have a new set up The problem is people that have no clue what they are doing on these formus are the people i would like to race

Why is your english and grammer so poor?

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Its impossible to have a lower water temp than ambient temp, you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Precisely, your coolant temp is ALWAYS going to be higher than the Ambient (outside) air temp. And being this is a street car and you can't keep ice in it, air to air is going to be the better way to go.

Last edited:

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
Once again stupid people so with ice thats impossable you must be stupid water and ice are colder then ambient outside temp are you dumb

You are missing the point of what people are saying. Nobody disagrees that with ice an air/water setup will be better than an air-to-air setup. The issue has to do with street driving where you are not going to be stopping and putting ice into the water tank.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Sent am so dumb and stupid you guys that are so smart can all race with what ever car you want if you have a street car i will race you with my street car if you want to race with a race car i will race with mine and make sure you bring your air to air will see how well that works dumb asses

:??::dw:We speak english on this forum.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member

You're allowed to use periods in your sentences you know.:poke:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
I need an advil after reading this nonsense.

There are about 4 people in this thread who are making constructive posts on the subject. All who appear to have some seriously real world experience and knowledge.

TT91 open tracks his car and if anyone knows heat it's an open tracker. You might want to listen to what he has to say.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
03 cobra intercooler water pump and the fluidyne heat exchanger will put an air to air to shame. (MINE DOES) They BOTH heatsoak, but water removes heat more efficiently than air, so lets use some simple science here...I just got back from two days at watkins glen, 200 miles of racing at WOT, 6000 rpms, 550rwhp, lap after lap, at 30 minutes a piece. Average Intake temp after the cooler was 74*. Air temp was was 59*. The guys with turbo cars who ALL had air to air intercoolers werent running nearly as cool as mine. But thats a real world situation, it doesnt apply on the internet.

haha :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread