Air Regulator to Keep Stock PCV System in FI Application?

JeronimoJC

Established Member
Hi all! I am about to finish my supercharger installation. One area that I had not planned for or researched is what to do with the PCV system. In my current PCV configuration (still OEM) clean metered air goes from the power pipe to the driver side valve cover. Air exits from the passenger side valve cover thru the PCV valve and into the intake manifold. Thus, without alteration and with forced induction, this system would push boost into the crank case. I see there are several options on how to address this.

One option I haven't seen is installing an air regulator on the clean air side of the PCV system, between the power pipe and the driver's side valve cover. The idea would be to regulate the air pressure in order to prevent boost from getting into the crankcase and to keep everything else in the PCV system essentially as it is.

Any reason why this wouldn't work?

01yellercobra

Established Member
You can install a check valve. I ran one in my old centri set up between the intake and catch can. I picked it up from Boomba Racing.

JeronimoJC

Established Member
I could not find an air regulator that would handle small pressures. So I am back to looking at different options.

A check valve is something I've seen lots of people do. I am not quiet sure how a check valve solves the problem though. Are you guys replacing the PCV valve with a check valve? The way I see it is the PCV valve is a check valve, though it is probably not very good. If I the check valve replaces the PCV valve, then I am still sending boost from the power pipe into the crank via clean air side of the PCV system, right? Or is that not a problem because as long as the new check valve can handle that much air flow?

I am a little lost. I'd appreciate a little more guidance.

Thanks!

MG0h3

Established Member
I see where your issue is.

Isn’t the PCV valve on the DS?

Regardless, the check valve goes between the intake and PCV valve. You can blow through a factory check valve pretty easily. I used a Supra PCV on my old turbo fox.

As far as the hose @ the power pipe; I can’t recall what I did on mine. I’m guessing I put it in front of the supercharger somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

JeronimoJC

Established Member
If the new check valve is installed between the PCV valve and the intake, then the dirty air won't circulate out of the crank to the intake. Or are you saying the issue is that air is flowing out of the intake and into the crank from what should be the dirty side of the sistem?

Also, in this case I am still pushing boost through the clean air side of the PCV system.

What am I missing?

For clarification, my PCV valve is on the passenger side. I realize this is the opposite of what most of you guys see. I don't think this really matters though.

Thanks@

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread