Air Intake

greensvt21

retired truckie SFD!
Established Member
stop being thick headed, these guys are giving you the best advise. the K&N filter with maf adapter is the only way to go. Intake pipe not needed. You want your tour to breathe better this is the way to go:

K&N with maf adapter
heat shield
Optimize your throttle body

go the contour.org and search each title under performance mods and read the info. There also may be a group buy coming up for the optimized tb.

If you want anything else your on your own.

contourSVT93

SVTtour98
Established Member
2000ContourSVT said:
thats wat im doing im just trying find the cheapest price on that maf adapter cuz im not paying 40 dollars for it.

then make your own...

oh and if you are too cheap for 40 bucks for this car then good luck modding the contour...............

captainoblivious

Slow Vehicles in Training
Established Member
2000ContourSVT said:
thanks ill have to check that out. if im not mistaking i need a 3.5 inch opening.
Autozone's is a 3" opening. Why do you need 3.5"?

Since my contour was down today for a bad o2 sensor I brought the MAF up to Autozone.

The one they sell is <$15 but it doesn't have the contour's listed as application vehicle. Aside from that it looks like it will work with some work. I couldn't take it of the package but it looks like you'd have to drill 2 holes. I could'nt tell the opening of the maf vs their maf adapter though.

2000ContourSVT

Established Member
contourSVT93 said:
then make your own...

oh and if you are too cheap for 40 bucks for this car then good luck modding the contour...............

Its not that im too cheap i just only have about 60 dollars to spend on my car right now. And im not going mod crazy i only want a few things to make my car perform and look better.

2000ContourSVT

Established Member
captainoblivious said:
Autozone's is a 3" opening. Why do you need 3.5"?

Since my contour was down today for a bad o2 sensor I brought the MAF up to Autozone.

The one they sell is <$15 but it doesn't have the contour's listed as application vehicle. Aside from that it looks like it will work with some work. I couldn't take it of the package but it looks like you'd have to drill 2 holes. I could'nt tell the opening of the maf vs their maf adapter though.
is ur contour a svt model. or is their a difference between the svt 2.5 L duratec, and the contour 2.5 L one.

Last edited:

captainoblivious

Established Member
99' svtc

The svt's have extrude honed intakes and a few other things different then a normal 2.5l. Other then that they are the same, and I believe all use the same maf's which is why the maf adapter from spmotorsports and the K&N is biggest most proven intake for the car.

You could also get the K&N drop in filter for the SVT. I've read that some people have used a K&N for a mustang as it's about the same size, it just doesn't have that dome/bubble on top of the filter.

E-0998 is the stock filter.
E-0940 is the mustang filter a few people have used, but I wouldn't recomend it. The dome on the stock filter is there for a reason.

Last edited:

2000ContourSVT

Established Member
im going up to autozone today and im planning on getting that maf adapter and the k&n filter, so i guess ill see what they have.

captainoblivious

Established Member
2000ContourSVT said:
im going up to autozone today and im planning on getting that maf adapter and the k&n filter, so i guess ill see what they have.
Let me know how the adapter fits. I don't mind drilling and making a gasket.

applesauced226

there is cold air intakes for csvts jackasses
but they have all been discontinued, injen and k and n had one you can find some floating around. none the less you can use a cold air intake oof a cougar same set up

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
applesauced226 said:
there is cold air intakes for csvts jackasses
but they have all been discontinued, injen and k and n had one you can find some floating around. none the less you can use a cold air intake oof a cougar same set up
Thanks for adding your two cents idiot, we've covered that already. If you like dropping a good chunk of change on products that aren't going to do anything go for it. Otherwise, STFU.

Y2KSVT

Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
Thanks for adding your two cents idiot, we've covered that already. If you like dropping a good chunk of change on products that aren't going to do anything go for it. Otherwise, STFU.

Amen!

Mark

greensvt21

retired truckie SFD!
Established Member
captainoblivious said:
99' svtc

The svt's have extrude honed intakes and a few other things different then a normal 2.5l. Other then that they are the same, and I believe all use the same maf's which is why the maf adapter from spmotorsports and the K&N is biggest most proven intake for the car.

You could also get the K&N drop in filter for the SVT. I've read that some people have used a K&N for a mustang as it's about the same size, it just doesn't have that dome/bubble on top of the filter.

E-0998 is the stock filter.
E-0940 is the mustang filter a few people have used, but I wouldn't recomend it. The dome on the stock filter is there for a reason.

svt's have different internals and compression, svt heads and cams aren't the same, maf isn't the same, injectors aren't the same, lim isn't the same, also different throttle body. I may be missing somethings but there is a difference between svt's and non-svt.

captainoblivious

Established Member
greensvt21 said:
svt's have different internals and compression, svt heads and cams aren't the same, maf isn't the same, injectors aren't the same, lim isn't the same, also different throttle body. I may be missing somethings but there is a difference between svt's and non-svt.
That much, damn. I never paid attention.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Its not different 'internals,' persay. The cranks were supposedly 'hand chosen,' IRRC. Otherwise, its the same rods, and the pistons may be a bit different since there is a minor bump in C/R. The majority of the difference is in the upper intake tract.

2000ContourSVT

Established Member
well i went up to autozone got the adapter drilled 4 new holes cuz none of them were in the right place and it fits but i got to buy a gasket that will let me use the stock screen thats in place between the MAF and the filter. SPmotorsports has one that im thinking about getting and then it should be all set.

psvt39

Established Member
listen to the pros...... trust me .... i listened to them...... all i have is the maf adapter and a k&n cone atached to it..... my whole air box is gone....the car sounds alot better to

psvt39

Established Member
dont get the maf adapter from ebay either!!!!!! i got it at first and only 3 of the 4 wholes lined up and there was a gap at the bottom... total garbage

Users who are viewing this thread