Air Intake

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
K&N RU-3530 (Or some thing like that) and a MAF adapter. "nuf said.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
There is no true CAI for the Contour. The CustomCougars CAI is the closest to one, but requires you to do some cutting and moving things around to get it to fit.

Blackcoog

3L Contour swap Guru
Established Member
Contact Grandmasterkhan on NECO. He designed the cold air intake. Custom Cougars ripped it off and have a cheap knock off of it on their site. It requires you to slide the battery and power distribution box over a bit and then to drill a 3.5" hole in the fenderwell for piping. Best intake out there. Get a battery relocation kit and it will all be much easier.

2000ContourSVT

Established Member
im not really lookin for a major mod since im a noob and all, i just wanted something bolt on. ive been doing some research on this and i think i can just replace the intake pipe from the mass meter to the manifold, correct.

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
Well actually you go the opposite direction. You eliminate the airbox and replace it with an open air filter. Yes the accordian can be replaceb by piping as well.

Y2KSVT

Established Member
2000ContourSVT said:
would i be better off making my own pipe and attaching the filter to it.

Have fun with that. Do you not like taking advice? We've pointed out what's been proven. If you want something on a budget, get a K&N RU-3530 filter, and a MAF adapter. You can replace the accordian tube, but it's more than just a straight piece of piping. Or just order the BAT pipe from SPMotorsports.com.

Mark

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Again, if you like junk, sure buy it up on Ebay.

Click this link -> www.spmotorsports.com

Order 1) MAF Adapter 2) the BAT Intake Pipe and then source the KN already mentioned. That is the current best setup for these cars.

2000ContourSVT

Established Member
its not that i like junk but i seen that one on spmotorsports.com and i think 40 dollars is a little to much to pay for that adapter when i can get the same thing off ebay. and im still looking for the filter i want but im gonna get that adapter and some filter.

contourSVT93

SVTtour98
Established Member
40 bucks is not too much considering you add the $40 for the MAF adapter and then only like $33 for the 3530 from www.ajusa.com and thats only like $75 for the proven intake. Paying $70 for that is not bad at all IMO.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
The ones are ebay aren't the same as the SP ones, as the SP ones are bigger and alot of the ones on ebay are smaller than the opening on the MAF.

captainoblivious

Slow Vehicles in Training
Established Member
2000ContourSVT said:
i think 40 dollars is a little to much to pay for that adapter when i can get the same thing off ebay.
Autozone also sells a maf adapter. I'm not sure if it would fit and how well, but it's something you can check out in person.

Users who are viewing this thread