Air / Fuel question at part throttle

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
I was wondering where the air/fuel ratio should be at part throttle, and where your car stands? The reason I ask, is that recently my car seems to be running very lean, but only at part throttle. WOT is good (11.8-12.0) right where it was tuned to be. The problem seems to be ONLY at part throttle when I hit the gas. It will hit 16.0-17.0 when I push the gas down at any rpm/speed/throttle percentage, but will then slowly richen up to where it should be at WOT. Obviously, when idling, it will jump around at about 14.0 ish, which is normal I think, but when I hit the gas, it goes lean. What might be causing this? Where should the air/fuel ratio be at part throttle, and where is it on your car?

My fuel pump duty cycle seems to be fine (not maxing out), and my injector duty cycle is also fine. My fuel pressure is fine as well, and it jumps up when I hit the gas. I know people say that that you can go lean at throttle tip in, but is this normal?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My w/b is all over the place when driving normal and shifting. It`ll settle in around 14.7 just cruising and idling.

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
Well, the problem was in the tune. My tuner said that the air/fuel ratio was not bad, but he could adjust the tune a bit for the lower rpm. Problem solved. :)

Users who are viewing this thread