air/fuel gauge install?

marc813

Mach Won
Established Member
ok my friend just gave me a autometer phantom air/fuel gauge and i have a question. he did not give me a sensor for it but can i use a stock o2 sensor as the sensor? my car is a 2003 mach 1 and my rear o2 sensors were shut off with a tune since i have no cats. so can i unplug the harness to 1 of them and use the o2 sensor for the air/fuel gauge?

spike_africa

Established Member
That's a narrow band o2 sensor and is pretty much worthless for anything but keeping the car from going full lean. If I was you I would sell the gauge and move on.

The reason it does not come with a sensor is because they connect to the stock narrow band o2 sensor.

marc813

Mach Won
Established Member
That's a narrow band o2 sensor and is pretty much worthless for anything but keeping the car from going full lean. If I was you I would sell the gauge and move on.

The reason it does not come with a sensor is because they connect to the stock narrow band o2 sensor.

so your saying it is worthless but can be done using the stock o2 sensor. thats all i needed. i will hook it up bc i have a 3 pod on the a pillar allready and this has the pod holder that goes on the steering colum. and i want to run nitrous so when that time comes i will just swap it.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
narrow bands suck all they are is a light show. They do nothing to tell you how rich or lean you really are. I have a narrow band but just bought a wideband.

Users who are viewing this thread