air/air vs air/water intercooler

black2003svt

Established Member
How many are running air/water intercoolers? The shop that is going to build my kit wants to do air/water. What are the pros and cons of each? Thanks

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
I read in a MM & FF Air to Air is great on a street car but at the track Air to water is better b/c you can just dump ice to get your IATs down and air to air at the track its all in the temp and humidty. Does that make sence?

black2003svt

Established Member
Yes. The car will be a street car and will only see the track a few times. Just wondering if the waster/air will get hot on the street. Does anybody run a water/air on a street car if so what do you think?

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
why though? just run air to air call it a day, dont have to fiddle with air pockets, pumps, wiring, hoses, ect. then you got to do a Heat Exchager...

or just air to air and piping and call it a day....

black2003svt

Established Member
The shop that is building the kit www.rigidracecars.com wants to go water/air. They build some sick turbo cars and do REAL nice fab work. Just not sure it will be the best for the street?:shrug:

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I will be running water/air on mine when it's done!

5.4 dohc, Ford GT heads, and twin GT35R turbos. Probably be next Spring before it's on the road though. Just gonna keep the Ron Davis HX I had with the KB, and have a trunk mounted reservour for filling with ice when at the track.

I plan to drive it daily 8-9 months out of the year, and go to the track probably every other week, if not weekly!

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread