Ahh, Cobra Was Rear Ended, Should I Worry?

painintheass

Established Member
Hi Everyone (need advice on collision repairs):

I was rear ended on the freeway at about 50mph. Cars slowed really fast in front of me and had to jam on my brakes ( This was during lunch rush on Freeway). No major damage, other than bumper looks scraped and exhaust bent. Cannot tell under carriage damage. But the Cobra runs funny, transmission bucks when going into gear and I scrap in the rear on bumps that I normally go over. Also, the rear seems like it shakes when driving.

But all that aside, I need to take the car into a collision center and need advice on what to look and ask for. I've never beem in an accident like this.

Thank you for your time. :thumbsup:

I finally got some photos up, they are located on the second page, if your curious.

Last edited:

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
you say no major damage, but then describe several severe problems. trans trouble, things scraping underneath,and shaking.. get it to a good shop and have them check everything over

cobracloud

Established Member
my car was hit from behind at about 50 mph while i was going 45 mph 14k worth of damage-left rear qtr,trunk lid,bumper irs subframe cb exhaust:fm: get it ckd out and demand new ford parts

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Trans shifts weird? Yeah, your car got f'd up. I'd count on complete driveline damage, and if you got hit at 50 MPH, I'd definitely say your frame is bent. I wouldn't rule out the car being totaled.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Agreed with above. You better go get it chaecked out and fast. I hope you got the other drivers insurance because it sounds like you are going to need some repairs.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely don't take this lightly. You got slammed at 50mph. You're looking at more than minor damage. So have a good body shop check it out thoroughly and submit the claim through the other car's insurance. I assume the other driver was cited for following too closely. Also be sure to tell the body shop everything you've noticed after the accident. The more they know the more they'll check. You don't want anything missed. That was a major hit you took.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
sounds like it has to potential to be serious.....got any pics you can post?

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Mans thats got to be heartbreaking..You sore from the wreck at all?..but like LthlVnm said...got any pics?

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
I can't see it changing the way your transmission shifted.. If the transmission isn't busted, the only possible reason for it to act funny would be that the driveshaft has pushed the output shaft into the transmission a hair?

Put it on a lift and see whats going on

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I can't see it changing the way your transmission shifted.. If the transmission isn't busted, the only possible reason for it to act funny would be that the driveshaft has pushed the output shaft into the transmission a hair?

Put it on a lift and see whats going on

If your car gets slammed in the rear at ~50 MPH, and the driveshaft gets smashed into the trans with that kind of force - stuff is going to get messed up. I can easily see serious trans damage being a possibility here.

BO TY KLR

Established Member
If its not in the same shape than before the wreck. Then it needs to be. Get it to the shop and get in touch with their insurance. Hope you got an accident report.

Users who are viewing this thread