Agera R vs Veyron high speed oval!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great video! Watching them both go at it on an oval track was fun. Awesome, gorgeous exotics there.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
That Agera R has always been fapfawkntastic! Good lawd it makes the Veryon SS look silly.

laruei

Established Member
I, as most who are informed came here for the Agera.. that Bugatti can go hard park itself in a corner...

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Very impressive and I would take either one! One thing I've wondered though, how much better would the Veyron do if it was in top speed mode (no wing raising)?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... One thing I've wondered though, how much better would the Veyron do if it was in top speed mode (no wing raising)?

The wing always raises. The pitch angle just stays flat. And you'll notice the pitch angle was flat in the video, so it was in top speed mode. But if that doesn't convince you, just visit the same Youtube channel and search for more of the races between these two cars. It's the same results. An Agera S Hundra made a Veyron Super Sport (in top speed mode) look like a sissy.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
The wing always raises. The pitch angle just stays flat. And you'll notice the pitch angle was flat in the video, so it was in top speed mode. But if that doesn't convince you, just visit the same Youtube channel and search for more of the races between these two cars. It's the same results. An Agera S Hundra made a Veyron Super Sport (in top speed mode) look like a sissy.

I have no doubt the Agera will win 10 out of 10 times. I always thought the wing would stay lowered on a top speed run and only raise to help aid in braking. A quick search reveals that the wing is in fact always raised, just aligned with the body as you mentioned :http://www.bugatti.com/en/veyron/technology/speed.html

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
I know some will disagree, but I think of Koenigsegg, McLaren, Pagani and the like as extreme high end kit cars. Whereas the Veyron is a genuine limited edition regular production car built by Bugatti, a genuine regular production super car automotive manufacturer.

Question: Which car would you feel safest in driving at max speeds, the Veyron or the Agera?

I know which one I'd feel safest in ...

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Question: Which car would you feel safest in driving at max speeds, the Veyron or the Agera?

Come on, man! You really think you're going to survive a crash at 260+MPH? At those speeds, it doesn't matter what kind of car you're in. You're dead meat.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Come on, man! You really think you're going to survive a crash at 260+MPH? At those speeds, it doesn't matter what kind of car you're in. You're dead meat.

Bruh. You don't know what you are talking about. Technology has come a long way.

[youtube_browser]qc1cX0abcJc[/youtube_browser]

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
LOL! Yeah, but he was still only doing maybe 50MPH in that crash. Good movie, btw. hahaha

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I know some will disagree, but I think of Koenigsegg, McLaren, Pagani and the like as extreme high end kit cars. Whereas the Veyron is a genuine limited edition regular production car built by Bugatti, a genuine regular production super car automotive manufacturer.

Koenigsegg used the same monocoque 12 times in crash tests for the American market. It passed.

The Huayra uses special titanium bolts that are designed to shear and break the monocoque away from the accident, just like an F1 car. Those bolts in that car cost $100,000.

They are designed just as well as the Veyron, they just follow a less is more approach, rather than more is more.

Users who are viewing this thread