Aftermarket wheels won't fit!

kingnut

Established Member
In your first picture, the rotor retainer clip is still present on one of the left studs. Is that causing the problem?

I had some wheels with drag radials left over from my last car. When I tried to mount them, they would not mount flush, and I too thought there was a problem with the centerbore. Then I saw the rotor retainer clip. Removing that clip allowed my wheels to sit flush.

I don't know if this is the same problem or not. But it's possible.

No this is clearly not it. Look at his photos. The center hub has scratches on the outside edges from the OP trying to force the wheels over the hub. No deal is good enough to tear up your car to make it work. There are to many affordable solutions for our cars. I have a feeling these wheels came off ebay.

Last edited:

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Please post which vendor/wheels you went with so other members can know to stay the hell away from this company. Wheel vendor giving you this much grief their customer service must stink. JMO.

kona12

Established Member
your problem is in the center bore need to be opened abit otherwise ur good but if its hitting the caliper you definitly need a lower offset, I been thru many wheels i already have it down packed

Last edited:

RedCandyGT

Established Member
The wheels center bore is not big enough. Send them back and get different wheels with the correct hub bore.

You were correct, sir. There is a metal ring near the center cap inside the centerbore of the wheel. It is about 1/2" in width, just enough to keep the wheel from sitting flush. I am sending the 2 wheels that don't fit back to the vendor and they agreed to bore them out to ensure proper fitment. We'll see how it turns out.

RedCandyGT

Established Member
What brand were they?

Concavo CW-5 in Matte Grey - 20x9 +38 ET front and 20x10.5 +45 ET rears

This is the only picture I've ever seen of a mustang with them on:

741268_471228169580201_1050003845_o.jpg

Very similar to the Vossen CV3 in terms of design, appearance, and weight. I personally like them better than the Vossen, so hopefully this issue can be resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread