AFTERMARKET THROTTLE BODY WITH STOCK EATON

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
Yes!!! When I first had my eaton get IV port, I sent my stock TB/plenum for porting as well. Great flow and difference! Then I added a 4# lower to my 2.80 upper with a Accufab SB TB and the throttle response was immediate and with authority with the extra flow. Worth it in my opinion.

Frankycheechoo

Established Member
Yes!!! When I first had my eaton get IV port, I sent my stock TB/plenum for porting as well. Great flow and difference! Then I added a 4# lower to my 2.80 upper with a Accufab SB TB and the throttle response was immediate and with authority with the extra flow. Worth it in my opinion.

Yes I know on a ported eaton of course it would help . But on a stick eaton just a pulley and the basic Bolt on with a tune u think it’s worth it to add a throttle body ?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
If anything it'll help throttle response. The PO of my car put the Accufab single blade and plenum on my car and after I put a good tune in it the throttle response was nice. A friend of mine had a ported stock throttle body and he still noticed a difference.

BMSTNG

Established Member
Just curious is there any gains to adding a aftermarket throttle body to a pullied cobra ?
Is it worth it ?
Yes! I have a stock Eaton with a 2.76 upper only. I added the Accufab, single blade throttle body and like others have said the throttle response is night and day. Also I'm into boost alot faster as it flows alot more air than stock.
So my answer to your question is yes it's absolutely worth it.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Been thinking of one too. It's cheap and i'd like to throw one on the eaton for the hell of it. But then again, i'm thinking even something as small as that would require a retune. And if i'm going to drop $400 on a TB/plenum and another $500 on a dynotune, i might as well just buy a whipple while i'm at it.

BMSTNG

Established Member
Been thinking of one too. It's cheap and i'd like to throw one on the eaton for the hell of it. But then again, i'm thinking even something as small as that would require a retune. And if i'm going to drop $400 on a TB/plenum and another $500 on a dynotune, i might as well just buy a whipple while i'm at it.
Just an fyi no tune needed for adding a TB/plenum. I did check with my tuner before adding my Accufab and was informed no tune needed. My car runs flawless and idles like stock. Hope this helps with your decision

Brian Kuntzman

Terminator_mk6
Established Member
I have single blade and plenum for my Posi port to go. Gonna thorw it on the stock eaton and see what it does! Easy enough to swap

thatdude305

Established Member
You need a lot more when you add a Whipple

Frankycheechoo

Established Member
So on a stock blower a upgraded throttle body does not need a tune ? Just to clarify plz

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

KINGCarnge

Established Member
When I put the Accufab single TB I also added a SCT Big Air MAF so that yes I did get a retune. I do believe you have to tune even if you just put the bigger Accufab on.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
You're sucking in more air, and the flow is different, so i would assume you'd need a new tune. I see people saying both that you don't and that you do. I'd rather be on the safe side and just get one.

Lasanga

Mark it 8, Dude
Established Member
Yes!!! SBTB is awesome on stock eaton especially if you also go with a ported Plenum. I got both from Lightning Force Performance years ago and would recommend for sure. My combo was a 6# lower and 3.1 upper and JLT CAI.

***This combo required me to also upgrade the MAF to a BA2400 at that time.

Stock injectors, stock fuel system, stock manifods, exhaust system du jour. RWHP was in the 470ish range

Lasanga

Mark it 8, Dude
Established Member
Just thinking about my post and the fact that I didn’t really answer your question. A tune is required at the point the MAF has to be changed. SBTB on stock pulley combo will not require a tune. At the point the MAF pegs due to a pulley upgrade/combo, a tune will be required and not optional.

Users who are viewing this thread