Aftermarket hood

Blaine

Established Member
The hood I have is the "Closest" to the KR you can get. It is sold by Truefiber. You have to order it with recesses in the front if you want to have the KR twist locks sit flush with the hood. It is pretty much an EXACT replica of the KR prototype hood they came out with a few years ago.

All hoods will come unpainted. You will have to find a shop to make sure the hood fits well/have it prepped/painted.

The first link is an very close match to the actual KR's hood at all, but it own style of hood. If you like the first hood by all means get what you like. First hood is available thru evolution Perf or Lethal. The link to Stage 3's Venom Hood is the Truefiber Hood just wo/the recessed KR twist lock holes. Make sure you get the recessed holes if you want the twist locks.

2ed5pp1.jpg

2mrse2d.jpg

Here are the 3 styles of KR hoods:

Pics of the KR Mustang. (You would have to steal this one.)

15.jpg

Pics of the First Hood from lethal/evol. perf.:

hood.jpg

Truefiber:
gt500_venon_hood.jpg

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
i like the Truefiber hood much better, it looks just like the KR hood

Blaine

Established Member
i like the Truefiber hood much better, it looks just like the KR hood

It is a great looking hood. Only problem they have had with the Truefiber hood was quality. First batches had quality issues.

Mine is from the newer batches and it went on with no problems. I had to readjust the front bump stops a bit to make it sit right in the front. The pictures I have are from a while ago and the front hangs down about 2mm too low. I fixed this with a different size bumpstop. (Due to me removing the factory ones for the shelby hood pin kit months earlier.) Hind sight is 20/20.:shrug:

I have no experience with lethals/evolutions KR style, but I have heard nothing negative about that hood.

Get which style you like. Both look great. Also, the truefiber hoods weighs in at 14 LBS less than the Stock GT500 hood... another plus.

Last edited:

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
I know someone posted the "three KR hoods" earlier.... BUT here is a different one also... it is the one I am buying and think is MUCH better than all of the other ones because it deletes that UGLY center piece in the hood scoop (just a personal opinion!!).. I almost dont want to post it because I'm stingy and dont want anyone else to have it!!! HAHAHA!!! but whatever its all good.... ENJOY!!!

100857.jpg

Super Snake Hood Prepped: Exterior &amp Hood - Shelby Performance Parts LLC.

Blaine

Established Member
I know someone posted the "three KR hoods" earlier.... BUT here is a different one also... it is the one I am buying and think is MUCH better than all of the other ones because it deletes that UGLY center piece in the hood scoop (just a personal opinion!!).. I almost dont want to post it because I'm stingy and dont want anyone else to have it!!! HAHAHA!!! but whatever its all good.... ENJOY!!!

100857.jpg

That one is the Super Snake Hood. This one is only sold via Shelby. All depends on which Snake you want to look like. Super Snake or Shelby KR.

damon94

Established Member
1 tru-fiber Venom Hood ordered!!

This is my first mod. i went ahead and ordered the jlt intake and sct tuner too. I plan on ordering the pully on friday when I get paid. I have the same feeling as I did after my first tattoo. im planning my next mod and cant wait. Now i just gotta find someone in dfw to paint the hood for me.

Blaine

Established Member
1 tru-fiber Venom Hood ordered!!

This is my first mod. i went ahead and ordered the jlt intake and sct tuner too. I plan on ordering the pully on friday when I get paid. I have the same feeling as I did after my first tattoo. im planning my next mod and cant wait. Now i just gotta find someone in dfw to paint the hood for me.

Let us know how the install goes and some pics of course.

The Natural

I wanna go fast
Established Member

100857.jpg

You're a little behind if you think you're gonna be one of a few to rock that hood. I've had mine for over a year.

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
You're a little behind if you think you're gonna be one of a few to rock that hood. I've had mine for over a year.

lol yeah i know i was just making the point that more people go with the other style. I dont know if its due to a lack of interest in the SS hood or a lack of knowledge. Either way, its all good for me and u!

Intruder

Established Member
That one is the Super Snake Hood. This one is only sold via Shelby. All depends on which Snake you want to look like. Super Snake or Shelby KR.

Can you show us a few pictures of how you installed the receivers for the twist locks?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
The problem with the Trufiber hood is that the OEM style dual stripes overlap with the top vents of the hood slightly.

The real KR hood has better clearance for the vents/stripes.

jcthorne

Established Member
Really?

2924205912_2737cecb07_b.jpg

2923354117_9407cde3c1_b.jpg

But don't get me started with the absolutely AWFUL build quality of TruFiber or thier total lack of product support.

Users who are viewing this thread