Aftermarket gauge fogging up.

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
My autometer boost gauge on the A-pillar fogs up on the inside every morning when I drive to work with the window down. Anybody else have this problem? Is this normal?

Last edited:

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
No. Mine have never fogged up and if it is that means it is not sealed properly. Get ahold of Autometer. From what I understand they are good about fixing their products.

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
You can see that it starts to fog up the bottom half of the gauge before it starts to cover the whole glass. It could just be how humidity works though.

Z7What

Powered By Eaton
Established Member
I have never had that issue. Hell i even have a gauge IN my ac vent and if i turn a/c off and roll windows down the grill will fog up but NEVER the gauge!

Wayne

LINOGT

Established Member
happened to mine also, when I turn the lights on they get like that and go away after a few minutes.

uncooked

Established Member
Happens to mine, and most people I know as well.

Turn the heater on and point the vent at them for a few minutes then they are fine.

Hasn't happened once in the spring or summer, usually just the colder / wetter months.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
mine use to do that every morning but on the way to work i always had to get on it a little to get on the highway which got me into boost (like 4lbs light trottle) and the fog would go away.

Users who are viewing this thread