Aftermarket Floor Mats not Staying in Place

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Hey Gang,
I have some Husky aftermarket floor mats in my F-150, and have had them for years. The passenger side has always shifted a little, but now the drivers side is doing it. It's nothing major, just doesn't stay lined up with the floor contours and drives me nuts. Anyone have any descent solutions for this life changing issue?
Thanks,
Masta03

RES0574

Established Member
I had this issue with the Husky liner for my Explorer cargo area. I used a couple of the 1" x 1" hook and loop squares that have adhesive on the back side, and stuck them to the bottom of the liner. It keeps the liner from moving, and still permits me to remove the liner when I need to.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Drywall screws! Guaranteed to work.
Thanks brainiac. lol I'd actually us drill screws due the metal.
I had this issue with the Husky liner for my Explorer cargo area. I used a couple of the 1" x 1" hook and loop squares that have adhesive on the back side, and stuck them to the bottom of the liner. It keeps the liner from moving, and still permits me to remove the liner when I need to.
Yeah, I did a velcro strip deal on the passenger side, but it still moves a a little. Might need to find some wider stuff.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, Weathertech

I've used many variations of their Floormat's and Cargo area mats. Trucks, Escape, etc.

People who use them in a GT500 are weird

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yes, Weathertech

I've used many variations of their Floormat's and Cargo area mats. Trucks, Escape, etc.

People who use them in a GT500 are weird
These are Huskys Pete, been fine for 5 years until recently. Might just grab some of those, as these are getting a touch old and beat up looking.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I'd suggest pulling them, then doing a nice vacuum on the carpet to "fluff it up". Guessing they have flattened the carpet enough so it doesn't have enough grip.

Could also punch a couple of holes in the mat close to the seat mounts and then run a small zip tie to the seat mounts to hold in place.

My truck actually has the post receptacle, and the weather techs came with the post that holds them firmly in place.

Users who are viewing this thread