Aftermarket Clutch

barstoolman

Established Member
Has anyone replaced the Ford factory clutch in their Shelby with an aftermarket one????? If so, which brand and how has the performance of your car changed????

Your comments would be most appreciated by all.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
I doubt if you'll get a response. I posted a thread regarding installing a Spec Super Twin, SFG5PT, in my car this spring and noboby had one installed nor did anyone say they had any other aftermarket clutch. I'll post a thread with pics and my impressions of this clutch kit come spring time when the weather breaks in beautiful Northeast Pa!

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member

rdsnk46

Established Member
I know my buddy Jimmy has an after maket clutch in his car but he doesn't post that often. I'll call him and ask him what he thinks!

WA 2 FST

Established Member
I know my buddy Jimmy has an after maket clutch in his car but he doesn't post that often. I'll call him and ask him what he thinks!

As powerful as your car is, and as much racing as you do, have you had any issues with your stock clutch starting to slip?

rdsnk46

Established Member
As powerful as your car is, and as much racing as you do, have you had any issues with your stock clutch starting to slip?

No, I have the ability to drive the car and not destroy it/make it last as long as possible. I have been driving stick shift cars since I was 12 and started racing when I was old enough to drive at the age of 16. Seriously!

I also have a new in box replacement for the clutch if it should go, my other car has a G-Force T-56 and is a bear to drive compared to my GT500.

GT500=Cadillac

compared to

1996 Termi-swap 2.3 Whip-Cobra vert w/twin disc McCloud=Race car! LOL!

I have been known to drive with the best of them/beat the best. I have a tremendous ego, obviously but I only speak of what others have told me of my ability.:rockon:

WA 2 FST

Established Member
I'm just glad to hear that it can handle the power you're putting down. I'm extremely easy on drivetrains, having never broken a trans (even the "weak" T5) in 650rwhp, stickshift applications. But, in my case, I don't think that has anything to do with clutch life. Good to know it can be hammered on. I'm not making near the power you are, so mine should be good for a long, long time.

FiaCobra

Established Member
I sure hope so but, after seeing my clutch with only 2000 miles on it i'm not so sure. Been driving a stick for 20 years with no problems but after looking at my clutch.......hmmmmm.

I'm having the trans TSB done now so that's how I got a chance to see it. Perhaps this part is at fault or I need a driver mod.

Users who are viewing this thread