Aftermarket aeroforce gauge

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
Hey guys just a quick couple of questions. I bought my car with a double gauge pod already installed however it has the cheap looking autometer gauges in it. I was looking at the aeroforce interceptor gauge. It apparently shows you 2 things its reading at the same time. Does anyone have any reviews about this gauge. Is the set up really as easy as plugging it into the port in your car? Will it read my fuel pressure and boost just from that or do i have to buy extra kits fr that. Every description is kinda vaigue. All they say is it reads everything through your cars computer. Itd be nice to just buy 2 gauges and keep an eye on 4 different functions at one. Thanks for all the help in advance

blk02edge

Established Member
It really is that simple.. only thing I hate about it is its very hard to see in the daylight. I have the blue backlight and green is probably much better but its really time for them to give the guage a complete overhaul IMO

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
A complete overhaul as in what? Is the green the same color as the cobras dash lights? Are they hard to setup, meaning picking boost and fuel pressure on 1 gauge? Again im looking for install and set up directions but coming up short

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
It's a nice gauge, only need to buy a wide-band to read A/F ratios, you can read water temp IAT's, Boost,Volt's, Fuel Pressure etc.

Last edited:

4601S/C

Established Member
I love mine. The hardest thing was finding a nice way to hide wire under thee dash, and even that was a breeze. Plug it in, and pick your parameters then you're ready to roll.

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
Would u guys get the black face or white face. The white matches the stock gauges but the black goes real well the the 04 interior also

01yellercobra

Established Member
It's a nice gauge, only need to buy a wide-band to read A/F ratios, you can read water temp IAT's, Boost,Volt's, Fuel Pressure etc.

That's actually something I was wondering. I want to be able to monitor boost, but didn't want to have to buy the extra sensor. I'm starting to lean towards this gauge again.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
I run the silver/white face with black bezel
gauge.jpg

Blueline

Established Member
I love my Dual Aeroforce Gauges, and based on my experiences with them, their customer service is awesome. I have the wideband and love it. I also bought the additional 3.5 Bar MAP sensor because Im running 18psi in boost. I think the stock MAP only reads to 14-15psi. If you are not higher than that you can use your stock MAP, just plug the gauge in. I get the green back light and you can switch between dark numbers or light green numbers. Here are some pics of mine:

9F5A812B-95B9-4C38-94F3-980C04CEF701.gif

BE72FBF1-106B-44C6-82FA-F0B15FCB2C28.gif

C7519876-789F-4CE1-8FA4-CB87C27559C6.gif

12BD5955-D75B-42FF-BCD8-AAFE4BD8368B.gif

Blueline

Established Member
what's up with that low vac Tony, car not running?

Hey Brad, Aeroforce reads the vac and boost in PSI instead of in/hg, so you actually have to double the number while in vac to get the in/hg figure. Here's from the Aeroforce instructions in case someone else comes across this:

Please note that the reading will be in psi, both at vacuum and boost, as opposed to inHg
in vacuum and psi in boost like a typical mechanical boost gauge. Multiplying a reading
in psi by 2.02 will convert to inHg. For example, you see -10 psi at idle on the
Interceptor gauge. This equates to -20 inHg.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Hey Brad, Aeroforce reads the vac and boost in PSI instead of in/hg, so you actually have to double the number while in vac to get the in/hg figure. Here's from the Aeroforce instructions in case someone else comes across this:

Please note that the reading will be in psi, both at vacuum and boost, as opposed to inHg
in vacuum and psi in boost like a typical mechanical boost gauge. Multiplying a reading
in psi by 2.02 will convert to inHg. For example, you see -10 psi at idle on the
Interceptor gauge. This equates to -20 inHg.

I didn't know that, thanks for clarification Tony.

Blueline

Established Member
Its a small black box which will plug into the back of the gauge, plug into 12v power and has a nipple for a vac/boost line to plug into.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Great gauge! It's the silver face with green that matches the best.yes basic functions just plug & play!you will need extras for high boost & wide band.also fuel pressure (stock)reads a delta between manifold pressure(not actual pressure)there is also a battery draw unless it's wire for a separate source. I love mine & you can also record parameters,reset codes +other cool stuff!
033.jpg

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
im just waiting till american muscle get them back in stock. they have the 2 of them together for $399. is there anywhere cheaper. anyone know where i can get the attatchments for the actual boost since im running 18-20 lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread