After clutch mods, clutch releases too low

jblood37

Established Member
Ok, so I have a spec clutch (not sure which stage unfortunately, pretty sure it's a 3), Steeda firewall adjuster, Steeda quick release quadrant, maximum motorsports clutch pedal height adjuster, oem cable, and ldc freeplay mod. When the firewall adjuster is set in order to maintain 1/8" to 1/4" space between pressure plate and tob, the clutch releases less than an inch from the floorboard. It made it hell to even back up. I took all the slack I could out of the cable at the adjuster and it didn't make much of a difference. Is there something I can do to bring the clutch release up some? I was thinking of making a small shim where the cable fits in the quadrant, but just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. Thanks.

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
if i were you I would tighten the cable just enough so that you can get into reverse and all gears easily. it might cause the tob to be spinning all the time, but that's ok. at least some people would say that it's ok. there are two schools of thought on it.

personally I lean toward the idea that it is ok because it's a constant velocity bearing that is designed to have a slight pressure with the stock setup

I try to initially set them up with a slight air gap, but in your case I would just go for it. best of luck!

jblood37

Established Member
I think you need to adjust your transmission pivot ball.

O now that's what I don't want to hear. . I just replaced the tob, retainer sleeve, and fork. Pivot ball looked fine so I didn't replace. It's the non adjustable stock piece.

if i were you I would tighten the cable just enough so that you can get into reverse and all gears easily. it might cause the tob to be spinning all the time, but that's ok. at least some people would say that it's ok. there are two schools of thought on it.

personally I lean toward the idea that it is ok because it's a constant velocity bearing that is designed to have a slight pressure with the stock setup

I try to initially set them up with a slight air gap, but in your case I would just go for it. best of luck!

Well thanks... I guess I could always just give it a go lol. I guess I'm just wondering if the quadrant or the mm pedal adjuster could have anything you do with this? I have a steeda double hook I'm thinking about trying. Just weird.

jblood37

Established Member
Turns out it was the MM clutch pedal height adjuster. I took it off and everything is great. Well, except the fact that my clutch is now back to the stock shitty height ha.

Users who are viewing this thread