After 4 years off....New Combo, 6spd, IRS, KB 2.8H, Teksid, Cams...

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Finally got all my ducks in a row after the long build, long winter, and all the minor details and issues sorted out. I told myself I wouldn't run this car and just enjoy it.. Well, that didn't last long.........

Teksid 9:1, Comp 3's, Stock heads untouched 4 thread heads with Tooley Springs, KB 2.8H @ 23psi. 60ft was off today, due to track, clutch, and me just being rusty behind the wheel after 4 years of being off.

[email protected] (new Best) !!

The tuneup is very conservative @ 18 degrees, 11.0:1 AFR. Again, I cant thank Eric Brooks for all the tuning help. He nailed this combo right off the getgo with the cams, and its remote tuned. The results speak for themselves.

I have a real good feeling that this combo with some more aggressive timing, boost, shift points and a better 60' in the 1.46-1.48 area could sneak into the 9.60's @ 144-145 area. I know its got a 9.7x in it the way it sets.

Other observations, you can make and run good times with a 2.5" Exhaust/Catback (800hp)? is 1-3/4 x 3" ARH heads, ARH 3" X which necks down to 2.5" Ball Collector for Catback, and 2.5" Stinger Catback.

Incar Video
https://youtu.be/oT2mgBYaHY4

119BE3FD-F2C2-42D2-B273-A2467A458983_zpsupyxkh0s.jpg
Incar Video video link below https://youtu.be/oT2mgBYaHY4

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Nice work Allen. The car will definitely go faster after the cobwebs are dusted off. It definitely has a 9.7x the way it sits.

What pulley combo were you running on the KB seeing 23lbs?

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
3.25 Upper & 8.2" lower which is a 2 or 3lb lower. Have plans to run a 8.5" lower once I get some issues sorted.

Running Sunoco 110 Racegas (leaded)

Thanks again everyone

AMWill

Finally got all my ducks in a row after the long build, long winter, and all the minor details and issues sorted out. I told myself I wouldn't run this car and just enjoy it.. Well, that didn't last long.........

Teksid 9:1, Comp 3's, Stock heads untouched 4 thread heads with Tooley Springs, KB 2.8H @ 23psi. 60ft was off today, due to track, clutch, and me just being rusty behind the wheel after 4 years of being off.

[email protected] (new Best) !!

The tuneup is very conservative @ 18 degrees, 11.0:1 AFR. Again, I cant thank Eric Brooks for all the tuning help. He nailed this combo right off the getgo with the cams, and its remote tuned. The results speak for themselves.

I have a real good feeling that this combo with some more aggressive timing, boost, shift points and a better 60' in the 1.46-1.48 area could sneak into the 9.60's @ 144-145 area. I know its got a 9.7x in it the way it sets.

Other observations, you can make and run good times with a 2.5" Exhaust/Catback (800hp)? is 1-3/4 x 3" ARH heads, ARH 3" X which necks down to 2.5" Ball Collector for Catback, and 2.5" Stinger Catback.

Incar Video
https://youtu.be/oT2mgBYaHY4

119BE3FD-F2C2-42D2-B273-A2467A458983_zpsupyxkh0s.jpg
Incar Video video link below https://youtu.be/oT2mgBYaHY4

Congrats man!

She's definitely haulin' the mail!

I know how it feels to get a new PB but for me I have yet to come out of the 10's, I can only imagine a 9!

Congrats again!

-Will

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Whats all done to the IRS?

I posted in your thread in the Terminator section but congrats again. I dont follow records on here but id imagine you are wearing the crown out of all the 6 speed IRS cars!! Bump that timing up a couple of degrees and hang on. Eric Brooks definitely knows his stuff when it comes to tuning these cars!!

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Whats all done to the IRS?

I posted in your thread in the Terminator section but congrats again. I dont follow records on here but id imagine you are wearing the crown out of all the 6 speed IRS cars!! Bump that timing up a couple of degrees and hang on. Eric Brooks definitely knows his stuff when it comes to tuning these cars!!

IRS is pretty simple.

MM Diff Bushings
MM rear Diff Mount

Old school HBH adjustable shocks
Billetflow IRS Brace
FRPP 3.73's
Stock Half-shafts
Airbags at 10psi each side

I have a tune for 22 degrees this was my initial outing plenty more left in it. It was on 18 degrees. Im gonna get aggressive with things this coming weekend

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That's moving out! Cool to see your still running the irs and banging gears.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Congrats Bud!! the Baddest IRS car for a decade. And I've never seen a 594 ft incremental on a time slip wtf??:-D

this is the only place I have seen it also. They have a fairly "modern" timing system as well. Not sure what the reason, who knows...haha

Users who are viewing this thread