AFM powerpipe keeps working it's way off of my v2-sq

tjs98gt

Established Member
mine setup is the elbow the 4" afm came with with t bolt clamps, never had a problem.

you could always try to use a little hairspray on the inside of the rubber so it acts like a light glue kind of. i used that on my TB before i changed to all t-bolts and it worked great.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
mine setup is the elbow the 4" afm came with with t bolt clamps, never had a problem.

you could always try to use a little hairspray on the inside of the rubber so it acts like a light glue kind of. i used that on my TB before i changed to all t-bolts and it worked great.

thats on a gt though, were talking cobra's here. well at least i am. I'm guessing the set up is a little different.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
^^ I dont like the elbow Brian, I got mine in and its about 4 inches shorter than the AFM version.. ill get some pics..

UncleAnt

Established Member
go to home depot and get a rubber coupler.they make the right size and it wont come off.get it and cut it big enough to where it cant slip off.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
^^ I dont like the elbow Brian, I got mine in and its about 4 inches shorter than the AFM version.. ill get some pics..

did you see the pic of mine? i had to go to peb boys and buy a polished piece of aluminum and another 4" to 4" coupler but it came out nice and will never come off. I bought a piece of polished aluminum with a 22* bend in it and cut a little of and it works great. like i said a little more work and money than i wanted but i like the end result.

allgo90

Established Member
did you see the pic of mine? i had to go to peb boys and buy a polished piece of aluminum and another 4" to 4" coupler but it came out nice and will never come off. I bought a piece of polished aluminum with a 22* bend in it and cut a little of and it works great. like i said a little more work and money than i wanted but i like the end result.

i was working on my car today and i decided to change up my piping, i checked out pepboys and bought a 3.5 to 4" coupler for the blower, then a 90* aluminum bend and it all fit pretty good. It was great to get these things locally so i could return them if they didnt fit. Anyway, heres some pics.
DSC02701.jpg

DSC02703.jpg

BadZ06

Established Member
I would not use a fernco from home depot. Different type of material. I would take your pipe to a welder and have a small bead run @ the end. Smooth it over but leave a lip. Get a T_BOLT clamp that is used in most turbo setups. They are cheap. Maybe 4-5 bucks. You should not have a problem with that elbow coming off again. If the boot is really that big and loose, get a new silicone unit. plenty of places have them. I get alot of my stuf from siliconeintakes.com but they are not a sponsor here so I apologize if that link needs to be deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread