AFCO H/E Fan Control?

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
I'm going to install the AFCO fan kit on my AFCO H/E. I'm just thinking of alternative ways to wire it. Can anyone think of a way to control the on/off of this fan kit using the speedometer? I would basically like it to come on below say 30 mph and go off above 30 mph. Obviously I can just install a toggle switch or temp sensor as the instructions suggest, but I wanted to try something cooler than that. So essentially I would need to draw a voltage signal or something from some place and then also find a switch than can be programmed to interpret the signal and control the fan circuit.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Might I suggest it stays on even at highway speeds. You'd be surprised how much more air is pulled through the cooler with the fans even at 80+ mph.

Wire your fans with a relay and use the power wire from the intercooler pump to trigger it. That way when the intercooler pump is on the fans are on.

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
That was actually my first thought. I called AFCO to ask them if there was any reason why they didn't tell you in the instructions to wire it that way. They just said "the engineers wanted to keep it separate but it should work." Then I thought it would be a waste to run it at freeway speeds, but if your thinking there is benefit to running it even at high speeds then I will definitely just wire it that way. What I also like about that is when the engine is off I can just jump the intercooler pump relay to kick the pump and fans on together.

Thanks for the tip!

Users who are viewing this thread