Afco Dual Fan HE installed!!...Thanks BJ!!

iwannacobra5

Established Member
so i finally got around to installing the HE on my 2010 this weekend, and i'm very happy with it. the install was relatively easy, but i got hung up when it came to pulling my bumper cover off. just have to yank that sucker! more than anything the install is just time consuming (doing it for your first time) because of all the screws you've got to take out removing the front end. burping it also proved to be somewhat of a pain, but it wasnt' too bad. i tinkered with the install just about the entire day, but if i had to do it again it'd take about 2.5hrs or so. plus the instructions from afco gave me a few unneeded steps that would have saved me some time had i just skipped them.

the fan and HE pump kick on at 115 degrees and cools it down to 100 or less in about 5 seconds when driving around (ambient 50 degrees). after some fairly hard street pulls tonight i never saw it get over iat2 over 120 and that was at idle.

lastly, i've got to thank BJ with VMP Tuning for the help!! BJ was answering emails, text, and phone calls all weekend with questions i had. even emailing me asking for updates at 1am his time; that's customer service! as anal as i am about this car, he was super patient with me and was a HUGE help when i got hung up! we are lucky to have vendors like him on this site! :beer:

now i'm just waiting for some warm weather...

thanks dafreak for the gt500 stencil idea!

20130112_114852_zps18449830.jpg

20130113_191451_zpsfba230de.jpg

iwannacobra5

Established Member
stencil looks good was thinking about doing the same, how did you about doing it?

Thanks... I just too that graphic to fast signs and had them put it on a vinyl stencil. I have the vector file that they'll need if you want it. Pm me your email and I can shoot it over.

Congrats on your install. Guess it was a good weekend for cooling mods...:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread