AFCO AFCO Dual Fan Cobra Heat exchanger

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
How are these working for you guys? Its no killer chiller of course, but what can I expect to see with my IAT's? I thought this might be a cheaper a much simpler alternative to going all the way into a killer chiller... When the car is moving the temps usually 10-15 degrees above ambient temps, but as soon as I slow down or stop they shoot right up to 130-170 range depending on how much I have been using the blower and temps outside.

I guess my biggest question is will these fans keep enough air flowing over the heat exchanger to keeps the temps slightly above ambient temps in stopped or slow driving?

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/afco-afco-dual-fan-cobra-heat-exchanger.1032810/

Last edited by a moderator:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
How are these working for you guys? Its no killer chiller of course, but what can I expect to see with my IAT's? I thought this might be a cheaper a much simpler alternative to going all the way into a killer chiller... When the car is moving the temps usually 10-15 degrees above ambient temps, but as soon as I slow down or stop they shoot right up to 130-170 range depending on how much I have been using the blower and temps outside.

I guess my biggest question is will these fans keep enough air flowing over the heat exchanger to keeps the temps slightly above ambient temps in stopped or slow driving?

In slow / stopped driving the throttle body is closed starving the intake of any good flowing air. High IAT2 temps at idle and low part throttle are going to be normal and really don't matter. It's what happens when you lay into the throttle that matters.

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
In slow / stopped driving the throttle body is closed starving the intake of any good flowing air. High IAT2 temps at idle and low part throttle are going to be normal and really don't matter. It's what happens when you lay into the throttle that matters.

Right, I guess from an overall value and ease of install perspective, I'm trying to figure out if this will suit my needs or if I should just spend an extra 650.00 and go all the way into a killer chiller. If I still lived in FL, no question killer chiller, but since I live Colorado I was thinking the fans might be enough to help it out.

Users who are viewing this thread