Aeroforce pillar install problem

SonicBeast

Established Member
I'm having a hard time snaking wire down thru the bottom of the pillar and behind the dash to hook up my dual aero force guages. Im trying to run metal wire from the top down thinking I could hook my gauge wires to that and pull it back thru but I can't seem to get the wire thru. It goes in a ways but I can't find where it's coming out under the dash. There's only one hole at the bottom of the pillar that i can see,that could fit the gauge wire. What am I missing!!! Please help I've searched everywhere but can't find a terminator specific guage write up anywhere and all the other ones aren't helping with my certain problem.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I ended up pulling the cluster to get access to that area. Not sure how big the plugs are on those gauges, but it's a pretty small area to get wires through.

nol300

Established Member
I did not pull the cluster but did pull the cluster surround to help get acess but it's tight.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Edit: See post below...

I did mine exactly as you are describing. It's a mess behind there, so the feeder wire is likely getting hung on something - a wire, a bracket, etc.

Scoot the driver seat as far back as possible, grab a flashlight, and crawl in there. Keep trying, it can be done.

Last edited:

SonicBeast

Established Member
ok ill try some more tonight,how much easier is it with the guage cluster out? id rather not pull it if i dont have to. the wires arent to big

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
After reading your second post, I realized you are doing it different. I have mine routed through the hole at the bottom of the a-pillar, straight down, and then zip tied across to the OBDII port. There are plenty of attachment points for zips under the "knee panel" and the wire is completely hidden. Way easier if you ask me.

SonicBeast

Established Member
Well that's how I want to do it but I'm having problems getting it thru the mess of stuff between the bottom of the pillar and under the dash

SVT_ DRiX

Established Member
I just recently ran the bluetooth mic for my stereo through that same way. I used a wire to pull it through, and laying on the floor looking up under the dash, it comes from up behind the kick panel. You can see light shining through, but the gap isnt very big. How large are the connectors on the gauge?

SonicBeast

Established Member
I got the wires thru today one at a time. I ended up popping off the panels under the steering wheel to have better access. Thanks for the help guys

Users who are viewing this thread