AeroForce Interceptor owners opinions wanted...

BM1

Established Member
I did a search and found a handful of old threads on this topic in the SN95 section, but I wanted to start a new one to get some fresh opinions.

I'm thinking about one of these for my 97 just to get some basic readings.

Has anyone had any problems with these gauges in a 96-98? I don't want to hook it up and have it fry out the PCM or something ridiculous like that.

Also, do they automatically turn on and off with the ignition on the 96-98, or do you have to power them externally?

Any input from SN95 guys with these gauges is appreciated.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
This may or may not help you but I have one in my Lightning. I love it. I got it set where it scans through a couple parameters every couple of seconds. You can see two readings at one time. It plugs into your diagnostic post under the dash and cuts off when the switch is off. At least it does in the Lightning. This is where I got it from. Nice guy, he can personalize it for you.

Untitled Document

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I never heard of that before until now, damn thing is useful on so many levels, good way to check if your car is pulling a ton of timing at wide open throttle is just one thing I would love...not to mention things like trans temp and injector and fuel pump info.

I will have to add this at some point once I save some cash up. Prob would put in where my lower CD player is as I don't use it, that way its protected from extra heat and less noticeable to thieves.

edit: I do wonder if it could actually can read MPH on the 96 or not since we dont have an electrical speedo, or if it just reads it off a tach signal or something

Last edited:

venomous99

Established Member
it can display all the parameters your computer sees like fuel trim, temp, timing, IAT, ECT, MAF voltage and even trouble codes. id recommend one to anyone who has an ob2 car.

BM1

Established Member
I ordered one on Friday from AeroForce. Unfortunately, they are on backorder until August.

Users who are viewing this thread