AEM failsafe gauge?

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Bad ass gauge

We use them in everything, you can also you the out put to log the boost and your AFR in your SCT. Really helps when data logging at the track and stuff.

Best gauge on the market!!

hopony

Established Member
Just put one in. Works great and looks good.

wpid-20131231_141944.jpg

Last edited:

poof100

Established Member
Badass gauge. I will be replacing my regular AEM A/F gauge with the Fail safe one this year. Wish I had known about it when I did the gauges.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Can it do instant peak boost recall or do you have to go into the logs and see ?

as they said you have to view the log to see it.

The Software is very easy to use, One of the best things about this setup is starts logging as soon as the car is running. Will hold like 2 hours of information if you want. Or you can clear it out after every pass and just save a view so you can see boost spikes or belt slip.

IF you get an autometer Tach adapter you can even hook up RPM to and see that in the log. Real nice piece works great on tuning a boost controller

:beer:

EDIT i want to add if you use this with a good boost controller you can hook up the "failsafe" wire to the reduce boost and if it goes lean it will drop your boost and save the engine!!

Last edited:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Wow! Eric, can this gauge be set up to read AFR off the computer, or does is the supplied wide band O2 the only way?

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
I'm pretty sure you can watch it on your laptop. I havent tried it yet on my car as I always just watch the gauge.

My favorite part is the automatic logging. I can go out on the street and do a test pull, then pull over in a parking lot and pull up my log for the past 2-3hrs (AFR / RPM / Boost) and see what I need to do from there. It helps me dial in my shift points as well.

Last edited:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I'm pretty sure you can watch it on your laptop. I havent tried it yet on my car as I always just watch the gauge.

My favorite part is the automatic logging. I can go out on the street and do a test pull, then pull over in a parking lot and pull up my log for the past 2-3hrs (AFR / RPM / Boost) and see what I need to do from there. It helps me dial in my shift points as well.

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear….I meant could the gauge read the AFR off the car's wide band via the car's computer? My apologies.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Wow! Eric, can this gauge be set up to read AFR off the computer, or does is the supplied wide band O2 the only way?

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear….I meant could the gauge read the AFR off the car's wide band via the car's computer? My apologies.

No it will not read your factory widebands.

You can however hook this gauge to your SCT Livelink so you can compare to your factory wide bands

I will try to get a screen shot of it working

cb900f

Established Member
I assume you replace the existing factory wideband with the supplied wideband? (And then hook factory wiring to the new one?)

mbreaux05

Established Member
EDIT i want to add if you use this with a good boost controller you can hook up the "failsafe" wire to the reduce boost and if it goes lean it will drop your boost and save the engine!!

So as is, it's only failsafe if the afr goes too lean/rich??

How much would a set up cost to have it failsafe for afr and boost?

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
I assume you replace the existing factory wideband with the supplied wideband? (And then hook factory wiring to the new one?)

Nope! You actually need to weld a separate bung into the pump (which is included). This can be done by pretty much any muffler shop for you for only a few dollars if you can't weld it yourself.

So as is, it's only failsafe if the afr goes too lean/rich??

How much would a set up cost to have it failsafe for afr and boost?

Not quite. The gauge is actually fairly intelligent.

You set your desired A/F at specific boost levels and if your at that boost level and your car goes lean it has a 5v output (for a trigger for a relay or boost controller) which can be used for lights / buzzers / boost controllers.

You'd be looking roughly 2.5 or 3 hours for the install.

jojobee

Established Member

I tought that boost controllers were only for Turbo's!

What about cars with twin screw like the Roush unit, what setup do you recommend with a failsafe to be able to save the engine if it goes lean ?

hopony

Established Member
How do you like it in daylight ?
Can you see the numbers and the colored bars easily.

I had dual Aeroforce and sold them cause i wasnt able to see anything on sunny days.

It is very easy to see in bright light. You can also change the colors on the light ring red, orange or green.

Users who are viewing this thread