AED Tuned Boss runs 11.52!

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I went with a Steeda CAI93.
I waited to mid that car.I wanted 11s stock, now that was reached, Im gonna be chasing you and his 11.5s...
I'll ve coming!! :D

I'm rootin for ya, I'd like to see all of us in the low 11's at whateverthe****mph :lol1:

Looking forward to seeing your new times :beer:

svt1111

Established Member
I'm rootin for ya, I'd like to see all of us in the low 11's at whateverthe****mph :lol1:

Looking forward to seeing your new times :beer:

I'm rooting for Boss's at tracks all across the country! Heck, I hope you guys both go 11.30's at whatever the heck MPH too! Lol!

Unrealford- videos? From me? Are you serious!? Lol! I can't even scan my time slips, I don't have a clue how to do that crap!

I wished someone video'd me with the ZL1 though, even though he had a bad pass, that was my 11.52 so it would have been cool.

I have to check drag times to see what the DA was. When we got to the track at 7:45 AM, it was 33 degrees out and one of my friends (Jake who has record for fastest Eaton Cobra) said DA was -2,000'!!! That my friends, is mineshaft air!

svt1111

Established Member
Just checked DA.

9:55 AM it was -1516'.

4:55 PM it was -825'.

As the track warmed up (ambient temp hit 52 degrees) and DA stayed below sea level, it spelled a recipe for decent times. Starting line was like fly paper and that is rare at New England Dragway.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
burnin, what do you think your car really traps?

I honestly don't know what to think, it trapped 117.99 stock (12.35), then trapped 123mph (11.7) with longtubes, catback, cold air + JMS e-tune + wheels/tires. 2 weeks later I went 11.58 at 119mph at a different dragstrip in worse DA, no changes to my car.

I then changed my hi-flow xpipe to an offroad xpipe, aluminum driveshaft, and custom dyno tune from Amazon. My car is definitively stronger and smoother after the tune. It went 11.7 at 115mph, with 1.8's. Traction/prep was horrible, couldn't get out of the hole.

When I reviewed 22 timeslips from my 3 previous trips to the dragstrip, my et's are all within .1 of each other through the 8th and the qtr. However, my mph varies 4-8mph, and only in the qtr. oddly enough, my mph through the 8th (22pass's) are all almost identical. The difference in mph is only happening between the 8th and the qtr. :shrug:

YouTube - Boss at The Rock

Vs

YouTube - 11.7 at 115mph Boss 302

:shrug:

svt1111

Established Member
I honestly don't know what to think, it trapped 117.99 stock (12.35), then trapped 123mph (11.7) with longtubes, catback, cold air + JMS e-tune + wheels/tires. 2 weeks later I went 11.58 at 119mph at a different dragstrip in worse DA, no changes to my car.

I then changed my hi-flow xpipe to an offroad xpipe, aluminum driveshaft, and custom dyno tune from Amazon. My car is definitively stronger and smoother after the tune. It went 11.7 at 115mph, with 1.8's. Traction/prep was horrible, couldn't get out of the hole.

When I reviewed 22 timeslips from my 3 previous trips to the dragstrip, my et's are all within .1 of each other through the 8th and the qtr. However, my mph varies 4-8mph, and only in the qtr. oddly enough, my mph through the 8th (22pass's) are all almost identical. The difference in mph is only happening between the 8th and the qtr. :shrug:

Vs

Good info.

I will be interested to see if this "phenomenon" is on Unrealfords car and Arabian Oaks car too. My 1/8 mile times have always been consistent as well.

Were you running straight pump gas every time? I thought my car might pull timing from knock so I splashed a good ratio of 100 octane in it for my passes here. That's the only reasonable explaination I can conclude, or the timing gear that the tracks isn't measuring MPH properly or consistently. Who knows....

All I care about is that we are getting mid 11's from a puny NA 302, and ZL1's are struggling to go 11's still ( although I will admit to saying the ZL1 I met at the track was a very nice car IMO).

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I was on 93 pump. Rick from Amazon tried to tune my car on 100 octane and it wouldn't make any more hp. I also data logged a few of my pass's and there was no detection of knock, so I don't think it was pulling timing. I also flashed my old JMS tune that trapped 123 and it trapped the same/115mph as my custom tune from Amazon.

When I studied the et's from my 3 previous trips/22 pass, I averaged 4.1sec between the 8th and qtr regardless of mph. This is what leads me to believe that something is wrong with the drag strip's equipment. If I was trapping 8mph less then my et's wouldnt be almost identical from previous trips with the same setup. I dunno, but I'm going back soon with a diff set of tires.

steveofiveo

Established Member
Congrats on the E.T. Time for to finally plan aday and get my car up there with you (they are open until the end of the month).

Anyway, from my experience with New England Dragway it looks like they are off about 2 MPH compared to other tracks. I think they take their readings somewhere between the 1000' and 1320' and do some weird calculation. I guess years ago they we're pretty comparable with other tracks but a car destroyed their sensors and after they were replaced its been off.

FYI, Atco will put that car in the low 11's and if you go with us to MIR for the import vs domestic race (they usually are -2200 ft at that time) you'll be smiling like it's christmas morning.

S

I was curious about this too. Normally I'd expect 120 mph traps with the eighth mile speeds being over 97 MPH. I honestly suspect that the trap speed readings at the track were off. By how much, I don't know. As I mentioned, at Lebanon Valley my buddy's auto GT ran 12.1 at 114 and his tune was preventing the car from exceeding 7,000 rpm. His tune change he ran at New England Dragway resulted in the same lay over at 7,000 rpm. Since his car has a 26" drag radial with 4.10's, it is at 7,000 before the finish line! For him to run 11.84 at New England Dragway but trap 1 MPH less than he did at Lebanon Dragway with the car still shutting down at the 1,000' mark, that tells me that the trap speeds are suspect. The DA was incredible though, and as such I expected around 118-119 traps at least on mine.

Maybe Shaun could chime in? I ran 4 gallons of 100 octane unleaded over about 3 gallons of 93 octane, so I highly doubt it pulled any timing but I did not log any passes.

The car felt strong all the way though. I saw 120-122 MPH as I passed the scoring boards, which are only maybe 50' past the finish line. RPM was around 7,600.

svt1111

Established Member
Hey Steve!

Thanks for chiming in! Now that you mention that about the trap speed sensors, I remember hearing about that a couple of years ago or so. Too bad.

I'd love to go with you guys. Email me the details when you get a chance. I've been doing a lot of car crap lately though so I'll have to see how it balances out with my other family responsibilities first though.

Congrats on the E.T. Time for to finally plan aday and get my car up there with you (they are open until the end of the month).

Anyway, from my experience with New England Dragway it looks like they are off about 2 MPH compared to other tracks. I think they take their readings somewhere between the 1000' and 1320' and do some weird calculation. I guess years ago they we're pretty comparable with other tracks but a car destroyed their sensors and after they were replaced its been off.

FYI, Atco will put that car in the low 11's and if you go with us to MIR for the import vs domestic race (they usually are -2200 ft at that time) you'll be smiling like it's christmas morning.

S

Unrealford

Established Member
Honestly I wish I had extra personal time. Id love to go on a road trip and meet you guys. 8 hrs trip.:(
Or you guys can meet me half way at New York International Raceway ( Empire Dragway) now.
We have our Invite race this Sunday.
Its near Rochester.
Well have 4 Bosses there already.

BOSS2664

Established Member

Vs

Who knows some tracks may actually give the actual MPH at the end of the 1/4 mile versus the trap speed which is the average MPH in the last 66' (iirc) of the 1/4 mile....

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
wonder why you only picking up 19 or 20 mph on the back half? are running out of gear in 4th? wonder what you would run on street tires without skinnies?

gears... he needs to swap over to a 28'' tall tire and his times should possibly get even better. Memory serves Boss's come with 3.73's correct? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread