AED+ tune update= BADASS:)

FIFTY

Established Member
So..... I went to the track today, and I was VERY PLEASED with the results. I'm running a c&l intake, et streets bias ply, and a *NEW* tune from Shaun, I managed 11.8@115!, mind you, a few months back, I had on a lethal x pipe(sold) and could only muster 12.2@112. Not exactly sure what was changed but MAN what a difference, the car pulls like a freight train, can't wait for long-tubes. I cant say more about the guys over at AED, you guys ROCK!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1V6eodw0RM"]Mark's 11.8- 2011 5.0 w/ just AED Tune, CAI, and et streets bias ply - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHTDIwpvUaE"]Mark's 2011 GT #2 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
Congrats man, nice pass :rockon:

For the Lazy:
[youtube_browser]gHTDIwpvUaE[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]V1V6eodw0RM[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Man that is movin for so few mods! I had a hard time getting that out of my SC Mach which I dumped thousands into.

I still have the paper tags on my 5.0, she's going in for a total exhaust gut job next week. Long tubes, cat less X, over axle JPC racing mufflers and a tune. I dropped a K@N filter in but I'm not spending any money on an CAI because I plan on supercharging it. Damn I love this car.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
ive been emailing back and forth with shaun over the last week. I am going to be ordering a tune from him once i do my tax return. even over the weekends he would email me back and answer my questions. One thing that i really liked is that he is having me datalog the car before he even tunes it. I am looking forward to having him tune my car. Im planing on getting his cam tune along with his performance tune. I talked to SCT the other day after i ordered my iTSX and they said they will be updating the app every couple of weeks and adding in more PIDs to datalog.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I couldn't watch the vids on my iPad...is your car manual or auto? What was your 60 ft time? Also seen you had a Lethal X before, curious why you took it off. Did you put the stock cats back on? One more question, sorry, what size were the ET Streets?

Thanks and great times man!

davidhuff

Established Member
I couldn't watch the vids on my iPad...is your car manual or auto? What was your 60 ft time? Also seen you had a Lethal X before, curious why you took it off. Did you put the stock cats back on? One more question, sorry, what size were the ET Streets?

Thanks and great times man!

Manual Trans

FIFTY

Established Member
ive been emailing back and forth with shaun over the last week. I am going to be ordering a tune from him once i do my tax return. even over the weekends he would email me back and answer my questions. One thing that i really liked is that he is having me datalog the car before he even tunes it. I am looking forward to having him tune my car. Im planing on getting his cam tune along with his performance tune. I talked to SCT the other day after i ordered my iTSX and they said they will be updating the app every couple of weeks and adding in more PIDs to datalog.

Shaun is really good for that.... he seems to always be available for his customers regardless of how big or small the issue is, and you won't regret getting the tune, and the idle tune is SICK!

I couldn't watch the vids on my iPad...is your car manual or auto? What was your 60 ft time? Also seen you had a Lethal X before, curious why you took it off. Did you put the stock cats back on? One more question, sorry, what size were the ET Streets?Thanks and great times man!

My 60ft was 1.7.... And to be honest I really didn't like the way the x pipe sounded, cats are on, so I'm upgrade for MORE sound and POWER with longtubes with an H pipe:) tires 17in mounted to a cobra r rim

Very nice times!!
Thanks bro, I appreciate it.

FIFTY

Established Member
Man that is movin for so few mods! I had a hard time getting that out of my SC Mach which I dumped thousands into.

I still have the paper tags on my 5.0, she's going in for a total exhaust gut job next week. Long tubes, cat less X, over axle JPC racing mufflers and a tune. I dropped a K@N filter in but I'm not spending any money on an CAI because I plan on supercharging it. Damn I love this car.

Yah these 5.0 are beast, What kinds of times are you looking for with the supercharger? Shaun's mustang is sitting at an 11.0 now and it won't be long before he cracks 10's N/A with a stock air box!!!!

stang8psi

Established Member
datalog it and report back to us how much global spark is added! and the timing? other than that seems to be running fast

Shaun@AED

datalog it and report back to us how much global spark is added! and the timing? other than that seems to be running fast

No global added. Ignition timing and fueling are surprisingly close to stock.

Just an everyday 91 octane street tune. (with TC turned OFF for ease of use at the track)

scott_0

Established Member
datalog it and report back to us how much global spark is a is added! and the timing? other than that seems to be running fast
global spark is an SCT strategy tune thing, no actual custom tuner is going to add global spark, thats a bad thing for these motors

stang8psi

Established Member
global spark is an SCT strategy tune thing, no actual custom tuner is going to add global spark, thats a bad thing for these motors

Disagree.. If I can remember in all the videos he has there is up to 4 degrees global spark added. I know it's not a good thing for these motors was just wondering why it's added? seems odd to me to make all this power but not doing any timing changes but all in the tivct? Now I am not a tuner but to add all this global spark to his car? just wondering thats all!

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Was this update after you data logged it and sent the files back for revision?

thnx

FIFTY

Established Member
Does anyone have any idea of what the quickest e.t for intake and tune is by any chance, cant seem to find any data?

Last edited:

Dave_6

Established Member
Congrats man, awesome times for such minimal mods! Too bad that whenever I get a 5.0 Shaun is all the way out in Cali :(

So your only mods are tune, CAI and tires?

Last edited:

FIFTY

Established Member
Was this update after you data logged it and sent the files back for revision?

thnx

No, Shaun was at the track as well running his 5.0, the cool part is, as he learns what works and what doesnt, he's able to make quick changes on the fly and this was the result....

97snakebite

Established Member
yea those guys over at AED are awesome...hes in the process of tuning my procharged cobra...car had a few set backs but Shaun keeps pointing me in the right direction

Users who are viewing this thread