AED Supertime Pump Tune Craziness

lovebread

Established Member
After a few weeks of bumbling around I finally got the time to take my car to AED in Sacramento to undergo my Paxton tuning session.

Not to be without drama, I've had quite a few things go wrong along this build, included but not limited to:

spraying r134a everywhere busting the a/c suction line
barfing coolant out during the install and at AED (sorry again shaun!)
blowing off multiple intercooler pipes on hot and cold side
failed attempt at getting the accufab throttle body between the charge pipe and intake

After all this it did run, and magically made it to AED without drama. I filled up at my local Costco previous to leaving at 6am, same gas I've used consistently for months and what I was running for my previous NA tune.

NA Mod list:

Airraid Boss PJ intake
Accufab throttle body
Boss IM
Kooks Shorty Headers
Lethal catless H
JPC OTA
GT500 AB

cnQqJye.jpg

After another few thousand miles for some reason I got tired of an all motor powerhouse and hit up the both big vendors for a Paxton kit and additional parts. During this time I also managed to fix up my suspension and eyeball it enough to keep the rear end in line. Last month I proceeded to install it over the course of 5 half days worth of work, about 15-20hrs of labor. Don't fear the dremel!

Paxton 3.8 stock kit
ID1000
Roush BAP
JPC Tbolts, Expansion tank
Roush vent pod/Aeroforce gauge installed to check coolant, iat, etc.

I made it to AED around 9am and Shaun had the car strapped down within a few minutes.

First run, we made a staggering 692hp. Something had to be wrong?

[video=youtube;1cijY68B2oM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cijY68B2oM[/video]

2nd run the car decided to barf out a gallon of coolant from the metal fitting inserted into the lower radiator tube. This tube is held together with worm clamps. Shaun was kind enough to patch me back together and the session went on as planned.

Like a moron I forgot to record any of the full throttle pulls, but the numbers in the end surprised both Shaun and I.

1TpeGv3.jpg

700.2hp/524ftlbs! Crazy numbers, why even go e85 when you have Kirkland's finest gas in your tank! Anyone else want to get some numbers in with Costco gas?

Thanks a bunch to Shaun@AED and Greg@AED. Awesome guys, professional shop, best shop dogs.

vhiHEef.jpg

Last edited:

lovebread

Established Member
[video=youtube;c8Nwey_cwNQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Nwey_cwNQ[/video]

2nd dyno video as apparently you can only post 1 video per post now.

4VFTW

Established Member
Anyone else want to get some numbers in with Costco gas?[/IMG]

I work for Costco and our gas is all I use and have never seen any knock that wasn't false while using it. A typical Costco will go through a 10,000 gal tank of it everyday so no fear of it being stale.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I work for Costco and our gas is all I use and have never seen any knock that wasn't false while using it. A typical Costco will go through a 10,000 gal tank of it everyday so no fear of it being stale.

I can believe that because everytime I pass Costco there is a line of cars at the gas pumps.

PC03GT

Established Member
Great numbers! The Paxton and vortech kits make great power with the right exhaust and intake, and of course the right fuel!

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

You think those guys that were at the shop and saw your car Puke a Gallon of Antifreeze on the first run will come back for a tune on their coyote?
:nonono:

Worm clamps clamps + flat head screw driver + software engineer doing the install FTL
LOL

Costco 91 FTW
I'm going to start filling up there and doing some logs / testing on my EcoBoost F150.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Stock pulley paxtons and exhaust putting up crazy numbers lately. Will see if its true when I race you thomas and see if its real or not. Dont get mad when you get walked ;)

Users who are viewing this thread