aed customer service. .. unhappy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Why didn't you ask your customer those questions during that initial conversation? This thread would have never been started.

Why didn't the customer ask direct questions to begin with instead of beating around the bush?

Shaun doesn't have time to sit down and ponder every possible scenario sometimes, as he may just have too much going on at that moment.

Justin81

Established Member
I really don't see what the problem is here. Since when did short and direct answers in a timely manner become rude?

When they dodge all responsibility to help the guy with his tune that was falsely advertised.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
When they dodge all responsibility to help the guy with his tune that was falsely advertised.

lol if he was trying to dodge all responsibility, I doubt he would have the rep that he has. There are plenty of people on this forum who have passed emissions with his tune. I was having trouble with my O2's not completing and was sending Shaun emails back and forward. He has been plenty helpful for me. Maybe if OP didn't throw a bitch fit and just ask for advise he would have had the problem sorted out.

1. OP asks is O2 sensors are off...gets prompt response to question that they are indeed on.
2. OP expresses that he thinks he has logged enough miles for system to reset...Shaun informs OP about how the tune is set up and that there is no easy button to reset the codes.
3. OP asks how long it usually takes...Shaun responds that he has had customers who have done it in as little as 60 miles.
4. OP throws a bitch fit...gets a noted response...which probably caused more butt hurt

Boy-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Stanger00

Established Member

Shaun did help. He answered each question that was asked. How can one dodge responsibility if they were never asked for help beyond what tune revision and miles it takes to clear? Again, show us where the OP asked direct questions on helping to troubleshoot their car. The tune is correct and the rest is up to the ECU to complete its checks to show ready on a OBDII test. AFAIK, no tuner can fix that.

False advertising? the OP even linked an old thread that showed plenty of posts with this falsely advertised tune as working. It appears that some work is still required on the end user to get each monitor to show complete. Just because OP drove 2k miles or whatever doesn't mean that his car completed its cycles.

Justin81

Established Member
lol if he was trying to dodge all responsibility, I doubt he would have the rep that he has. There are plenty of people on this forum who have passed emissions with his tune. I was having trouble with my O2's not completing and was sending Shaun emails back and forward. He has been plenty helpful for me. Maybe if OP didn't throw a bitch fit and just ask for advise he would have had the problem sorted out.

1. OP asks is O2 sensors are off...gets prompt response to question that they are indeed on.
2. OP expresses that he thinks he has logged enough miles for system to reset...Shaun informs OP about how the tune is set up and that there is no easy button to reset the codes.
3. OP asks how long it usually takes...Shaun responds that he has had customers who have done it in as little as 60 miles.
4. OP throws a bitch fit...gets a noted response...which probably caused more butt hurt

You reworded the conversation entirely different than it actually occurred.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
You reworded the conversation entirely different than it actually occurred.

Hi shaun you tuned my car last summer and I am adding pypes long tubes and offroad x could I get a revision?
Requested updates attached

I just took the car for an inspection before I do the long tubes and it failed. It failed for emmisions not ready, I have an easy 2000 miles on this flash. Are the rear O2's turned off?

Rear O2's are ON

Well, I failed and gave it plenty of time to ready

I simply keep all 4 O2's on and calibrate the rears to NOT look for additional O2 saturation from the Catalyst.
The rest is up the ECU to complete the monitors, I can not force that.

How long will that take its been nearly a year and 2000 miles

I've had customers report they complete in 60 miles

Thanks for the help... the car is 100% stocl aside for cat deletes. You advertised I would pass before I purchased from you. I can see you give a shit now. Thanks.

I will note that in your tune file

Am I wrong? We have had no other past dealings before to sour him on me??

Um...I think I captured the conversation pretty spot on. My point is, OP never even asked for what Shaun thinks could be wrong, what he should try doing, or whatever. Just a few questions which were answered, and then...BOOM

Last edited:

Justin81

Established Member
so you think this,

Hi shaun you tuned my car last summer and I am adding pypes long tubes and offroad x could I get a revision?
Requested updates attached

I just took the car for an inspection before I do the long tubes and it failed. It failed for emmisions not ready, I have an easy 2000 miles on this flash. Are the rear O2's turned off?

Rear O2's are ON

I simply keep all 4 O2's on and calibrate the rears to NOT look for additional O2 saturation from the Catalyst.
The rest is up the ECU to complete the monitors, I can not force that.

I've had customers report they complete in 60 miles

Thanks for the help... the car is 100% stocl aside for cat deletes. You advertised I would pass before I purchased from you. I can see you give a shit now. Thanks.

I will note that in your tune file

Am I wrong? We have had no other past dealings before to sour him on me??

Is the same thing as this?

Justin81

Established Member
QUOTE=charba951;14339806] My point is, OP never even asked for what Shaun thinks could be wrong, what he should try doing, or whatever. Just a few questions which were answered, and then...BOOM[/QUOTE]

If you don't see the implication in these questions that this "customer of AED" is in need of some help beyond the most basic 1 word answers than we have nothing more to talk about. Because I do.

Last edited:

Stanger00

Established Member
so you think this,

Is the same thing as this?

Obviously, they summarized.

Edit: You say the questions were implied. I don't see it that way. I think of individuals that tune as programs and those programs will only work as you need them too if you input the correct information. In this case the questions were not plainly asked and no arbitrary answers were given to those "implied" questions.

Last edited:

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Some of You are too sensative and others just feed off of what other people say. Op sorry your illegal exhaust didnt pass smog. Try what Thomas said or put your cats back on load the factory tune, wipe your pussy and move along. 98 cobra guy jesus bro, I think you want to be Shaun, or maybe with Shaun... I haven't figured it out yet. Either way, I'm an asshole as it is and if I was Shaun I'd be short and to the point with people too and probably an asshole at times as well. It goes with that line of work. Get over it. Fact is he is the best at what he does. Don't take things personal.

69camaro...

Established Member
The fact that he upset a customer and still fails to apologize for a reason that may not even be his, just to resolve the issue, shows that he doesn't care. When a forum gets flooded with AED awesomeness threads, You aed guys come in here and prove he still is the best without him having to say or resolve one thing.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
The fact that he upset a customer and still fails to apologize for a reason that may not even be his, just to resolve the issue, shows that he doesn't care. When a forum gets flooded with AED awesomeness threads, You aed guys come in here and prove he still is the best without him having to say or resolve one thing.

All I can say is AED has been great to me, always responsive and helps solve any issues I had when I asked for help.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
This is probably something that OP wrote in his diary that night...

a_360_20140408151257.png

In case you didn't get it...OP is Her Diary

_Snake_

Established Member
Why didn't the customer ask direct questions to begin with instead of beating around the bush?

Shaun doesn't have time to sit down and ponder every possible scenario sometimes, as he may just have too much going on at that moment.

But now he has to make time to deal with this nonsense. That's all I'm saying. He showed that he had questions to ask, but they weren't.

I can't answer why the OP didn't ask more detailed questions. More often than not, I had to drag answers from customers and staff. That's part of being a manager / leader / owner.

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
As the OP I can only laugh at where this thread ended up. I was never mad or confused why my car didnt pass emmisions. I was only pointing out to shaun that he has an attitude towards paying customers. I dont care if your busy as hell or you cured cancer, if your a asshole to me I will tell you how I feel. End of story. And I posted it here to warn people he can have an attitude so they can be edicated where they spend their money. I have had amazing transactions with many here, like beefcake, hypermotive, and others who want you to be happy and return as a customer and I respect that. Many of you have great dealings with shaun which is fantastic. I had no problems with him either until the other day. And those of you guys who say you have to watch what you say to him or how you say it need to grow a pair.

Zemedici

Established Member
Some of You are too sensative and others just feed off of what other people say. Op sorry your illegal exhaust didnt pass smog. Try what Thomas said or put your cats back on load the factory tune, wipe your pussy and move along. 98 cobra guy jesus bro, I think you want to be Shaun, or maybe with Shaun... I haven't figured it out yet. Either way, I'm an asshole as it is and if I was Shaun I'd be short and to the point with people too and probably an asshole at times as well. It goes with that line of work. Get over it. Fact is he is the best at what he does. Don't take things personal.

the definition of SVTperformance.

scott_0

Established Member
As the OP I can only laugh at where this thread ended up. I was never mad or confused why my car didnt pass emmisions. I was only pointing out to shaun that he has an attitude towards paying customers. I dont care if your busy as hell or you cured cancer, if your a asshole to me I will tell you how I feel. End of story. And I posted it here to warn people he can have an attitude so they can be edicated where they spend their money. I have had amazing transactions with many here, like beefcake, hypermotive, and others who want you to be happy and return as a customer and I respect that. Many of you have great dealings with shaun which is fantastic. I had no problems with him either until the other day. And those of you guys who say you have to watch what you say to him or how you say it need to grow a pair.

I hear Lund is good, and he doesn't require logs, and often won't even accept logs. try him out and see if he'll kiss your ass and make you whole. moral of the story maybe Shaun didn't handle it as professionally as he should have, but no reason for you to harp on it, as I said, find another tuner if you don't like how you were treated

Last edited:

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
Thanks but its done. Made same power and passed inspection after one day of driving, with no cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread