Advice on shipping a Cobra?

98mdsnake

Established Member
I am gonna be buying a terminator this week and was wondering if anyone knew the cheapest/safest company/person to use for shipping a vehicle?. Or can anyone cut me a deal? The car will need to be shipped from New Mexico to Maryand. I was gonna just fly out there but the closest airport to the guys house is almost 100 miles then its about 1,650 miles from his location to my house. I would have to buy a plane ticket and take off time from work. That along with food and lodging and gas on the way home made me decide to just have the car shipped. I have talked to the guy over the phone and feel the gentleman is very trust worthy.

Any help and or advice would be greatly appreciated as I have never done this before. By the way here is the link to the car I'm purchasing.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466193

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
PM dhenderson67 or blacksunshine13.

They will probably come in this thread anyways, but they seem to be the ones providing car moving services in the MACA.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
From New Mexico???? That would be a heck of a hump for the Donster. I like the idea of flying out there and driving it back. Oh, and awesome looking Cobra!!! A very worthy addition to the MACA!

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Don would do a great job. he has helped many here. I didn't know blacksunshine was doing transporting.

Donster
The Don
:lol: what is this world coming to..hahaha

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
subscribing...

my wife and i are looking to move to MD soon and i want to ship my car there...i don't feel like driving from FL to MD twice in my car lol

dhenderson67

Boss
Established Member
subscribing...

my wife and i are looking to move to MD soon and i want to ship my car there...i don't feel like driving from FL to MD twice in my car lol

Special deals for Florida... Spoke with Lorrie; Mel is having back problems again.
Looks like for now I am in it alone, but once Mel starts feeling better he is also transporting. Mel and Lorrie are good people and I would trust them with my car.
Someone had asked me in person if it bothered me that Mel is transporting cars also... Hell no, Mel even called me and asked me; That says alot for his character as far as I am concerned.
I have a full time job and this is something I do with my son. He enjoys it and it gets me out of the house. As I mentioned above I have meet Mel and Lorrie they are good people feel free to ask them as well as myself for prices, I am very expensive anyway :dw::lol1: Remember when you get prices from us that these are covered trailers and we are offering a personnel service pickup and deliver at your convience :beer:
You get what you pay for...

TRBO VNM

Getting out of the Navy and hoping to land an Intel job up in MD, i like it up there, 4 seasons, closer to family etc

makes sense. all my family is down there and I hate the cold..lol. I moved here for a job, great experience, but time to leave soon.

back on topic, Don does very good work and good to see we have others in MACA that can help as well. I don't think anyone in MACA needs to go outside of this group for anything they need.

Last edited:

98mdsnake

Established Member
From New Mexico???? That would be a heck of a hump for the Donster. I like the idea of flying out there and driving it back. Oh, and awesome looking Cobra!!! A very worthy addition to the MACA!

Thanks for the responses guys. I will try to shop around today or tomarrow and see what I can come up with as far as a transporter that I feel comfortable with.

Wonder if I could make it back with out getting a a ticket? Any one wanna start a bet???????:rockon::beer:

dhenderson67

Boss
Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys. I will try to shop around today or tomarrow and see what I can come up with as far as a transporter that I feel comfortable with.

Wonder if I could make it back with out getting a a ticket? Any one wanna start a bet???????:rockon::beer:

Send me the zip code for pickup and deliver... I will do it if you can afford it :beer:

BlackSunshine13

"The Princess"
Established Member
Special deals for Florida... Spoke with Lorrie; Mel is having back problems again.
Looks like for now I am in it alone, but once Mel starts feeling better he is also transporting. Mel and Lorrie are good people and I would trust them with my car.
Someone had asked me in person if it bothered me that Mel is transporting cars also... Hell no, Mel even called me and asked me; That says alot for his character as far as I am concerned.
I have a full time job and this is something I do with my son. He enjoys it and it gets me out of the house. As I mentioned above I have meet Mel and Lorrie they are good people feel free to ask them as well as myself for prices, I am very expensive anyway :dw::lol1: Remember when you get prices from us that these are covered trailers and we are offering a personnel service pickup and deliver at your convience :beer:
You get what you pay for...

The other thing that people dont remember when looking at the price for tows are that with larger companies they usually have a couple tows lined up so that they can have a car going in both directions so that they can cut a bit of a break to both parties. With a smaller individual doing this they dont always have that option. We definently don't want to take anything away from Don, I know he doesnt like to go over a certain distance so we might have been interested in the ones that he didnt want thats why I posted up. But that is not going to pan out at the moment anyways. I am sorry that anyone might have gotten the impression that we were trying to "take" his jobs but that was pretty far from the truth. But I guess thats what happens on a primarily internet forum when people don't know each other that well.
Thanks Don :) . Beautiful car btw 98mdsnake :)

Last edited:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
back on topic, Don does very good work and good to see we have others in MACA that can help as well. I don't think anyone in MACA needs to go outside of this group for anything they need.

LOL, its funny, remember when the MACA used to be all about helping one another out when it was a small, tight knit group. Now when you log on here its like the damn classified section with all the over priced used parts for sale and now we have members competing against each others for other members business. I've hauled quite a few members cars in my enclosed trailer and didnt ask for a cent. I simply did it to help another member out. Of course this was before the price of fuel was $4/gal and I wasnt going halfway across the country but thats besides the point. I guess if someone asks me to help them out now I better say no, wouldnt wanna step on anyones toes...:poke: LOL

dhenderson67

Boss
Established Member
LOL, its funny, remember when the MACA used to be all about helping one another out when it was a small, tight knit group. Now when you log on here its like the damn classified section with all the over priced used parts for sale and now we have members competing against each others for other members business. I've hauled quite a few members cars in my enclosed trailer and didnt ask for a cent. I simply did it to help another member out. Of course this was before the price of fuel was $4/gal and I wasnt going halfway across the country but thats besides the point. I guess if someone asks me to help them out now I better say no, wouldnt wanna step on anyones toes...:poke: LOL

I guess my reply must have not been to the point...
I don't think anyone has stepped on my toes at all, here this should make everyone feel better. I am not hauling cars anymore; Dwight please remove me from the service list in MACA. To the people that I have already made a commitment to I will still move your cars. This has turned into to much BS like most things turn into lately in this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread