Advice on Ram SRT 10

Aceswild 02

Established Member
Any of you guys ever owned an SRT 10 Ram?

Im looking at possibly getting an 05 with 50,000 miles on it. I dont know much about the reliability of them or any issues to look for.

All advice is appreciated!

ACE

SikO2

Established Member
I don't know much about the SRT10, my grandpa had one but I never really messed with it or asked about it. I had an 05 Ram 1500 and it was a decent truck.

Issues I had with my truck were:

-water somehow got into the differential and caused bearing to be replaced
-water pump went out twice(VERYYYYYYYYY common for dodges)
-Interior is cheap looking and stuff breaks easy.

Otherwise that truck was a champ. I got it in 05 and drove it to 160k miles with a lift kit and 35" mud tires. Only problems were what I listed above.

GL OP!

Jroc

Established Member
4R100 L > T56 L.

Launching a T56 equipped 3,665 lb Mustang is a PITA enough, so just think of what launching a 4,670 lb L will be like trying to get a good launch, and one of the reasons a regular cab L is better than a regular cab SRT10 is because of its auto tranny. Just to be real about it. A auto is just a better choice for a vehicle that weighs this much and a regular cab SRT10 weighs about over 5,200 lbs so to get a good launch with one you have to be a extremely gifted driver, especially with 22's.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Who cares about just launching.

Driving experience > launching a autofaggit.

Who has issues launching a 3600lb t56 stang other than you? I loved tearing out of the hole with mine.

Adiabatik

Banned
Whats not to like?

5600lbs
low 14's/high 13's in the quarter
9mpg!

All for the low sum of $20-$25K on a 7 year-old truck. Enjoy!

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
are you after he quad car or reg cab 6 speed? my neighbor had a 6 speed SRT ram for about a year. it was blast to drive.. but its not really a truck. cant tow much. but its a blast to drive around town and from a roll can take down modded GTs and sn95-01 cobras

s_x_i

Established Member
I've seen 5 or 6 of them at auction in the last couple of weeks and none of them have sold. Seems like the dealers that have them and trying to move them and no one's buying at the price.

There's probably a good reason for this, I'm not into dodges, but it's extremely uncommon to see so many of the same specialty vehicle running through the lanes and no one bidding at all.

If you really fancy one, go for it, but remember, they appear to be a very slow seller, so judge your offer (and future resale value) accordingly.

Slowerthnyou99

Established Member
If they made a 4 door lightning I would

Harley Davidson edition with the supercharger???\
harleydavidson.jpg

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Got a 6spd. one... some positive and some negatives. You want the 4dr auto or 2dr manual. 4dr's weigh more and are a lot slower stock. Completely stock 6spd. it'll run high-mid 13's. Stock they sound horrible, mine has cat-less exhaust and sounds like it has a nasty cam at idle. Ran 13.2 @ 107 with a shitty DA. Beat my buddies 6spd Camaro ss, many bolt-on new edges, and s197's from a roll of course. I can't get traction on the street until 40+. No doubt its a handful to launch especially on the street. If you're looking for traction, you pretty much have to jump down in the 15" wheels, and then ruin the look of the truck. If you're thinking about anything other than bolt-ons, think again. Heads/cam are 7k+, built motors 10K+, LT headers are 3000$, and not to mention the install cost on viper engines are insane. Reliability is fine, gas mileage is about 13mpg mixed driving and 17mpg on highway. I've never towed with mine, but I've had my fair share of home-depot trips in it. If you plan on keeping it stock or doing minor mods to it, I say go for it. Not to mention, you can pick one up with less than 20k miles in the 25k$ range.

Last edited:

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
There must be something to them. My buddy had a 2 door srt10, traded it in on a Challenger. Drove the Challenger about 2 years and then traded it in on another SRT10 2 door. lol

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Whats not to like?

5600lbs
low 14's/high 13's in the quarter
9mpg!

All for the low sum of $20-$25K on a 7 year-old truck. Enjoy!

All the more reason to go for the Lightning. I'd rather spend the money I saved on modifications and still have a faster truck.

Users who are viewing this thread