Advice on an 04 term please! ;d

go2cdmb

Established Member
So, first off I'd like to say thanks for your time in advance. There's only so much time in a day, and I fully appreciate yours...

I've been wantin to enter your guys' world for a while now and finally have some dough together to get one. I just need some advice on the car below. I would think that in this cars journey, one of you guys might even know something specfic about it...

Other than that; anything I should ask, what I should offer would be great.

**I'd just like ot pick your brains, so please... Anythign and everything would be helpful. Thanks again fellas, have a great week.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123&viewitem=&salenotsupported

Last edited:

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Looks like a good deal. Everything looks like it was done right. First thing to do tho if you get it is put it on the dyno just to check a/f ratio and make sure everything is all good.

OH

I didnt see any fuel upgrades? Im pretty sure you need a BAP with a ported blower to get it more fuel.

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Wow...that's a nice Cobra...if the motor checks out I would jump on it...I like how it's got the radar detector wired in 360 coverage...very neat...Speedhut gauges FTW!

03COBRA-88

Established Member
Thats a good deal, plus all the mods that are done to it is a huge bonus.

go2cdmb

Established Member
Thanks fellas, No dyno sheet and not sure what dyno. He didn't know if there were larger injectors and such, but there'd almost have to be if it's runnin smooth, no? What ya mean motor check out? The ticking?

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
It still has the 39lb injectors (Blue) If they were 60lbs they would be black.
By check out the motor we mean do a compression test and make sure they are all the same. If one side or a piston is lower than the rest a sign of future problem.
As for head tick you shouldnt have to worry about it. It was cars built before 11/02. So only the 03 models had the chance of head tick issue. At least thats what I read from Ford.

Last edited:

Jr Mint

Established Member
That's a nice car!!!! It has the fr500 rims on it, very nice. Like they said, check the a/f, check the compression, and get a good deal! It seems very very nice.

mach1033

Established Member
21k is a fair price to me but you know the saying " everything is negotiable" Also like everyone has said get it datalogged and purchase a hand held tuner like an SCT or Diablo if this car doesnt come with one. The pics of the car look very nice and good luck with the purchase.:beer:

mingrey302

Established Member
i wouldnt buy it we dont need no more idiots driving these cars! they are very fast and if you have never drivin a cobra you will fall in love but you hate when you have to fix it!!!

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Definitely go get it dyno'd. I would also find out what pulleys are on there. Other than that I'd say your good. Nice find. There are many nice Terminators for sale in our for sale section..check em' out..

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
i wouldnt buy it we dont need no more idiots driving these cars! they are very fast and if you have never drivin a cobra you will fall in love but you hate when you have to fix it!!!

sCo_uhm1.gif

go2cdmb

Established Member

Thanks to all those with actual CONSTRUCTIVE posts. I really appreciate it...

So you're sure that the 04's didn't have the tick issue?

Thanks for the help fellas... It's now sold and I'm gonna go get it this weekend. :rolling:

Other than that...

Boy, MinGrey....

I'm not really understanding the insult bro.

When both;

you don't even know me,

and my first post was nothin but utmost respect,

it makes me think you're a knuckldragger.

LOL... Either way you're a little tightly wound dude. If ya ask me, I think it's pretty possible that you're the one who ought not to be behind the wheel of one of these. You're quite the character.. I'll leave it at that. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread