Advice about Track and my Motor!!!!

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
:D There is a big diesel event coming up at HRP. There are some local guys with diesels that say they can "walk" my lightning :loser: or make me look like I am standing still. I dont want to run, but I dont want to be called out and be a girl about it either. I would like to keep my reputation around my hometown about my truck. :kaboom: So here is the deal....Do I run? :??: Take a chance on my block exploding?? I dont have the money to build one right now. I would especially like advice from Ron and Fuzzie, and Silver04L. Is there anything I can do to keep it safe and still make a few passes? If so....who wants to lend me some :burnout: drag radials???:coolman:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
If you're tune is good you shouldn't have any problems. You could always back the boost down a couple of pounds. Unless they make some ridiculous amount of power you should walk them no problem IMO.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
All depends on what they have done. I haven't been there when they were but my friends tell me there are a couple diesel's at the track we go to that run in the 12's. So it all depends I guess, could be some good racing depending on how hard you run in my opinion.

Dusten

Established Member
For one of those big bastards to walka 500HP L they have to be in the 700's if not higher...

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
theres a pretty quick excursion here thats twin turbo and runs a mid or low 13. we still get him although for a heavy suv, he is pushing some serious power.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Dusten said:
For one of those big bastards to walka 500HP L they have to be in the 700's if not higher...
Its not the hp you have to worry about, its the 1000 foot lbs of tq they are putting to the ground. Make no mistake a turbo diesel can be made into a damn fast truck

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
I almost lost to a F350 crew cab 4x4 with a huge winch bumper on it when I was stock. He ran a 14.1 which doesn't sound fast but he left me at the line by launching in 4WD and I saw tailgate. I ran him down just before the end of the track. Your truck sounds like it should easily run a low 12, there are not many diesels in the world that can do that. I'd say run them and if you loose they are truly driving one bad a** diesel. BTW for an extra margin of safety you could blend in some unleaded race gas for your day at the track.

Dusten

Established Member
lightninmike said:
Its not the hp you have to worry about, its the 1000 foot lbs of tq they are putting to the ground. Make no mistake a turbo diesel can be made into a damn fast truck

Before i came to lightnings i was building and racing high horse power diesels. The torque is nice, but remember, most of those trucks weigh in excess of 6500 pounds, that powerstroke diesel engine weighs over 1000 pounds....

There is a man in utah named richard madsen, his truck pushes 900 hp, and 1800 ft/lbs, he is a low ten second truck. That is alot of power to only be running 10's.

97scSVT

A-Dub
Established Member
i've seen some diesels at HRP ruinning mid to high 11's. but with the power your putting down you ought to do allright if you can hook up. there are 2 shops in houston that i know of that build diesels just for track purposes. good luck. i'll be out there!! look for a red L with smoked black taillights, lowered

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
Sweet thanks guys. The fastest diesel here and also the one talking the most shite hasn't even ran his truck at the track. He hooked some programmer or something to tell his 60ft, 1/4 times and trap speed. He said the best he did was a 14 flat. I about fell out! People around here have said that he has put more money into his motor than I paid for my truck. But here is the deal: It is a 2003-2004 Quad Cab Dogde CUmmins sitting on a huge lift and 38inch tires. It is nice, and may be fast for a diesel, but I dont think it will even be a race. By the way, DEREK, If my motor goes I can just say it was in the tune and Amazon will replace my block right????? HAHAHAHAHAHA

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
KenneSVT said:
Sweet thanks guys. The fastest diesel here and also the one talking the most shite hasn't even ran his truck at the track. He hooked some programmer or something to tell his 60ft, 1/4 times and trap speed. He said the best he did was a 14 flat. I about fell out! People around here have said that he has put more money into his motor than I paid for my truck. But here is the deal: It is a 2003-2004 Quad Cab Dogde CUmmins sitting on a huge lift and 38inch tires. It is nice, and may be fast for a diesel, but I dont think it will even be a race. By the way, DEREK, If my motor goes I can just say it was in the tune and Amazon will replace my block right????? HAHAHAHAHAHA

:rollseyes :burnout:

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Yo man it Fuzzie, Silver04L and whatever else names I have out there LOL..............If your gonna run your L with the detonating problems its had I'd FIRST take it to Patrick, put it on the dyno and atleast check the A/F........Hell I'd do that even if I wernt racing.........With the power you making you will be fine as long as the tune and A/F are somewhat conservative........The night I ran my 11.67 on my stock motor I was probably making somewhere around 550rwhp in low 60 high 50 degree air. Pat's (PSI) tunes are some of the best IMO.............So step one. Get your tune checked out on Pats dyno. Step 2 Make damn sure the tunes good LOL....Step 3 get some slicks (Do you have some sort of traction bar????). And Step 4.......go put some buslengths on those diesels.........Hey what night is this taking place cause I will be at HRP with the new cage NEXT Sunday. Let me know man.

Chad

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
KenneSVT said:

He thinks he is only running 14's? And he is still talking sh!t to you? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Hes telling you he runs 14's..........Take that about as far as you can throw it........With no TQ convertor you wont see low 12's......Probably some mid 12's. But should be good enough to take em'..........You never know though. There is a diesel that races at HRP running 10.50's and will hand me my ass. For right now anyways

Last edited:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Oh you didnt say he was lifted and on 35's:bash: You wont have a problem, but if your having detonation problems i wouldnt race. Just let him talk shit till you get your stuff fixed

Users who are viewing this thread