Advanced Traction Control tune?

nicostang

Established Member
Do any of the tuners out there provide modifications to the traction control? By that i mean, if any of them provide a tune where traction control kicks off sooner if wheelspin is detected and modulates power properly, and doesn't kill power when not spinning. The stock traction control lets you spin for like 3 seconds if you floor it, and then kills power when you get traction and are already moving.

The reason why I ask this is that I wold like to have some better traction with street tires.

Yes, I do understand that drag radials will prevent this problem, but that's not what I'm currently looking for.

Car is a 2012 GT Automatic

Thanks!

twistedneck

Established Member
I don't think our tcs is capable of adapting to anything higher than factory HP. example, I leave my tcs on yet I can send the tires into orbit. the only time it seems to work is if I do a street launch I feel the power cut, and if I shift too hard it cuts power briefly.

is there any mod that can add tcs so that coming out of a corner you can floor it and it will reduce torque to the wheels just enough to gain that perfect traction? that would be cool, and I don't know but I sure would hope it didn't use the brakes to do this.

nicostang

Established Member
Yeah, exactly woudln't it be nice to have a tune that allows you to hook OK(albeit not great) with street tires? It would reduce torque by the means of tuning instead of using the brakes

I believe plenty of people would be interested in something like that.

To the tuners out there: Is it possible to do?

Users who are viewing this thread