Advance Auto Parts

zachcrosen

Established Member
Anyone ever use Advance Auto Parts online store? I remember a few years ago I bought a Kurt hitch for my Miata (daily driver) for about half price of everywhere else with a discount code. Today, I bought a set of Hawk HPS front pads and Wearever rotors off there for $81 shipped to my door (also for my Miata/daily driver). I found a $40 off code online and entered it and it worked. A 30% off code also worked but I didn't get quite the discount as I did with the $40 off code.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I buy everything online and pickup in store. You can normally save atleast 30% doing it that way.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Sure have. Bought the plugs for my 04 F-150 from them online. Best price around at the time, would use again.

96dreamer

Established Member
there's 30% off codes all the time. I have been slowly buying stuff for my c head swap when sales come up. using fillers like spark plugs or rtv to get free shipping on most stuff

Formula93

Established Member
I do it all the time. I can usually match or beat what I would pay at Rockauto and not have to wait for shipping.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Just tried one and it worked. Going to pick up some detailing items.

Code: trt30

Enjoy 30% off

oldmodman

Established Member
Too bad there are no stores within three states of me.

But if I order 75$ they will ship for free and NO TAX since they don't have a presence in California. But I will have to ship back the cores.

And here is a strange thing. I looked at Explorer brake calipers and the left is more expensive than the right:??: But their price still beats all the local sellers, including Rock Auto.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
ya they have some killer deals at the holidays too...I dont remember exactly what it was but something like order $100 (before tax) online, get free shipping, 30% off and a coupon for 50% off the next online order of $100 or more.

theres also some coupon codes out there for $40 off any order over $110

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I use it often, I've noticed that they don't list all their parts online tho.

This past weekend my dad needed an AC Delco fuel pump for his S10, best price he could find local was $285 at bumper2bumper. He asked me to see if I could find it on Advanced website so I searched and found nothing. I called the store and asked if they carry AC Delco fuel pumps for his model truck and the guy said yes. I then asked for the part# so I could locate it on their site and use the discount code for $40 off. I still couldn't find it on their site even with the part#. Has this happened to anyone else?

SirShaun

Established Member
They usually always have some kind of online discount or special running. The fact that you can shop online and then they have it ready for you when you get there is pretty sweet.

I've never had any luck with their alternators tho. They usually always fail within the first year.
Their car care products are usually decent, mostly rebranded armor all for a cheaper price.
Their brand motor oil is rebranded penzoil.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
The advantage of a Advance Auto Parts or Autozone for me is when traveling.
I bought both my Optima yellow top and my alternator from Autozone.
On 2 separate trips I ran into issues and I got a free battery replacement on one and a free alternator replacement on the other.

01GTB

Established Member
I have been buying stuff online from them for years. I think I made the first pickup of an online order from my local store.

One thing you have to watch out for is pricing. Sometimes the coupons put you way below any other price you could find, other times not. Rock Auto was so much lower on Moog ball joints and upper control arms for my Ranger, that even the best coupon from AAP would have still had me paying a bunch more.

Cobrach 1

Established Member
I always cross check between them and Oreilly's. Advance has the best prices and offer coupons every time that I'm looking for parts. They usually have parts ready within 20 minutes and I usually get a $50 gift card to use on future purchases too.

Advance is usually my go to store.

Yulla

SVT Noob
Established Member
I generally buy online & pickup instore. There is ALWAYS a nice coupon code to use (just google advance auto coupon code)

Users who are viewing this thread