Adjusting Clutch Cable???

SnakeinMD

New Cobra hopefully soon!
Established Member
I am curious. What is the best way to adjust your adjustable clutch cables/ Firwall adjusters???

I have an ALuminum quadrant, a Stock cable and the Steeda Firewall Adjuster. How can I know when I have the cable adjusted properly. Right now I am experiencing some vibration in the pedal. How am I able to get it where it is not too loose and not too tight!?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you Very much!

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
I normaly back the cable off until slack, then tighten it up until all the slack is out,then its a matter of prefferance I play with it until the clutch strarts to grab around 2.5" from the floor, from what I heard was not to over preload the throwout bearing.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Yeah. You want a little play in the cable so that, like he said, you don't preload the TB and burn it up quick.

Not that I've done that.

chuckstang

Established Member
What causes a chatter feel in the pedal. My clutch grabs about halfway up and has about an inch of free play at the top end...but when mine gets hot it sometimes acts up? Is this a sign of a new cable ? or I mean how do you know if you need to replace your cable. Mine is stock with after market quadrant and fw adjuster. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread