Adjustable stock clutch cable?

ra03svtcobra

IT'LL TERMINATE YA!!
Established Member
Is there a way to adjust the stock clutch cable? I did a search and from what I found you can adjust it by pulling up on the pedal until it clicks. I just tried it and there was no click and I didn't want to pull up any harder for fear of breaking something (considering the stock clutch quadrqant is plastic). The problem I am having is when I am driving there is a very faint noise coming from the TOB (throw out bearing) area. Seems as I am the only one who can hear it, but what makes me believe it is the TOB is that it goes away if I rest my foot on the clutch pedal. Not sure if the cable needs adjusting (or replaced with an adjustable aftermarket) or if the TOB is going bad. Any info is appreciated.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
The stock cable is not adjustable. The stock quadrant is self adjusting which is why you read to pull up the pedal until it clicks. It is most likely already properly adjusted which is why you can't get it to click any further.

I guess I should ask if you have any mods to the clutch system? Such as the clutch itself, TOB, retainer sleeve etc? If you are starting to get some noise with the stock setup it is more than likely your TOB or retainer sleeve beginning to fail. If I were you I'd start saving so you can start upgrading your clutch system. I'd recommend the Lethal TOB retainer sleeve, 26-spline input shaft, new clutch and an aftermarket quadrant and adjuster. If you don't mind a bit of labour then pulling the tranny to see whats up isn't a bad idea and it won't cost you anything. It is a bit of a PITA but having done it several times now myself I don't even find it that bad anymore. Good project for the winter perhaps?

ra03svtcobra

IT'LL TERMINATE YA!!
Established Member
Kinda what I was thinking. Just wanted some feedback to see if I was on the right track. I believe the drivetrain is all stock except the shifter i biught it used but have never taken it apart I was looking at those exact parts you mentioned as well as the Spec 3 + clutch I have read a lot about. Seems people are happy with it. Maybe a future winter project. I don't drive it a whole lot so it will give me time to save. Thanks for all the info.

Users who are viewing this thread