Adding fans to AFCO heat exchanger that didn't come with fans?

RSAGT500

Established Member
Any one done this yet? I just dumped a bunch of money on TVS and fueling, so I don't have the money to replace my no fan afco with another heat exchanger that has them. I haven't had time to get down and measure clearances, but I was looking at 8" ATV fans. I'm considering trying two of these on it if they will fit. Thoughts anyone?

High Performance 8" ATV UTV Black Electric Radiator Cooling Fan w Mounting Kit | eBay

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Well I did 10inch Spal on a Steeda H/E. It was sold to me minus the fans and harness. So I bought two Spals for 42 each and pic up a harness from VMP All in all it all cost me about 360ish all together

I would guess you could do the same with afco.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
What size were your SPALs and did the H/E already have the mounting points or did it use those plastic rods you push through the fins?

I had room for 2 10 inch, and the mounting points were still on the H/E for me.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
You can do 2 eight inch on an Afco dual pass. Tens will work but not more efficient.

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
Any one done this yet? I just dumped a bunch of money on TVS and fueling, so I don't have the money to replace my no fan afco with another heat exchanger that has them. I haven't had time to get down and measure clearances, but I was looking at 8" ATV fans. I'm considering trying two of these on it if they will fit. Thoughts anyone?

High Performance 8" ATV UTV Black Electric Radiator Cooling Fan w Mounting Kit | eBay

I did a single SPAL fan several years ago....see post below...still have it and working great...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/svt-shelby-gt500-150/650858-afco-h-e-single-spal-fan.html

Last edited:

RSAGT500

Established Member
Well, to update this thread, I bought two of these a few months ago:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Perfor...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item257a5e7f67

They state it's 2 1/2 inches thick. Not true, they actually measure at 3 inches thick. I was able to get one in there, no way in heck two would fit. With just the one 8" centered on the HE it pulled a pretty good amount of air. However, I didn't like the pressure it put on the power steering line or the HE cooling like that runs just behind the HE at the top. That's what I get for trying to go cheap. Maybe I could fit two 7" ones in there, they also claim to be 2.5 inches thick, maybe it will actually be true this time....lol Na, I think i'll get some SPAL fans this time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread