Adding amps to the Mach460 stereo...

turbocake

Established Member
lethal said:
Well, that kinda sticks, I have the wiring diagram and I also have the Lincoln wiring harnass that I intend to use to determine what signals are where.

If the amps are that weak, then my project to replace the head unit will then proceed into Phase II: Replacing all drivers and amplification.

I believe the adapter I have with some other adjustments will feed everything properly. I also want to find a way to add low end without having to reduce lhigh level to line level inputs -- they are so noisey.

John

i have a single sub and amp ready to go, but dont know where to get a clean signal. i dont want to convert high power to signal power either.

what about what this guy says? what does he mean by "high impedance"? speaker-level inputs?

PlatinumCobra said:
You should be able to tap the subwoofer line on the 460 for your sub amp. Check the lines on the black plastic box to locate these. Connect one of these lines to your high impedance input on your new amp and that should do it.

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
turbocake said:
i have a single sub and amp ready to go, but dont know where to get a clean signal. i dont want to convert high power to signal power either.

what about what this guy says? what does he mean by "high impedance"?

Sorry about that. I meant the low impedance inputs. The high impedance inputs are the RCA IN jacks on your amp. The low impendance inputs are the L+, L-, R+,R- screw/spring terminals on the amp. These low impedence inputs are matched for 4-8 ohms, so the distortion will be minimal.

What I meant by this is to connect the sub speaker lines to the "speaker" input of your amp. You could also cut the sub wire and reroute it to the other sub amp and leave the stock sub box in there if you like. Simply drop the sub box and look for the speaker lines. Tap the lines and send them to the amp. As with any subwoofer setup, there may be more than one coil/subwoofer on the sub box, one for each channel. If there's only on +/- wire for the sub, connect to one low impedance channel specified in the amp's instruction book. Otherwise, connect to the sub's low impedence left channel input.

:-D

turbocake

Established Member
ok, i checked my amp and it has the speaker level inputs if i use a special plug. the manual gives the color coding and all I need to do is some splicing.

thanks for the tips :D

Users who are viewing this thread