Addicted to devices?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Want to find out? Hide your wife's or girlfriends phone for a day.

Better yet, leave yours at home for a day.

Once I switched back to a flip phone I do find not having a smart phone difficult.

Being able to look up a number or address or kids wuestions like, are blue eyes a genetic mutation mutation or how deep is the Earth's crust make me feel really dumb now.

If you are brave enough to try it let me know. I bet a lot of people saying they are not addicted will change thier minds.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Absolutely correct Dale.
Addicted is 100% spot on. We check our phones and look at them all day long.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Absolutely correct Dale.
Addicted is 100% spot on. We check our phones and look at them all day long.
This smartphone I am on has no SIM but still does internet.

I have been using it a lot. But no more texting after my 6yo made me want to toss my smartphone across the yard, lol!

I wonder if Device Recovery Centers will open one day.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I am not addicted. I leave home without my phone all the time. My friends know to not expect a timely response when they text me because I rarely have my phone around me.
Hide your shimfriend's and see how ballistic shim goes.

tistan

Established Member
I'm not addicted as much as I am forced to use a smart phone for work. I generally despise having to text people. I find texting to be very disconnected. I would be fine not having internet access on my phone. I find it painfully tedious to research stuff compared to using my laptop.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not addicted as much as I am forced to use a smart phone for work. I generally despise having to text people. I find texting to be very disconnected. I would be fine not having internet access on my phone. I find it painfully tedious to research stuff compared to using my laptop.
I'm the opposite. I hate talking on the phone and prefer texting much more. I hate voicemail and usually delete them without listening.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I find it painfully tedious to research stuff compared to using my laptop.
I never use my phone at home when I have the pc and laptop handy for the internet.
I will admit though, I do use my phone to surf the interwebz during break time and lunch time at work.

tistan

Established Member
I'm the opposite. I hate talking on the phone and prefer texting much more. I hate voicemail and usually delete them without listening.
I find that people lie more in text. You would think that because it is in text where you can't delete it, that people would be more honest in text.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I have a smartphone and notebook computer that's always connected to the interwebs in my car for work. Policy does not allow me to answer the phone/text/email while with a citizen or driving. That doesn't leave a whole lotta time left over.

MG0h3

Established Member
I have an Iphone through work. On call so it goes with me everywhere.

Prior to that I had a $20 nokia with no internet and it was all I needed.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I have a Galaxy Note 4 I bought 4 years ago. My first mobile phone ever. I carry it in the car for emergencies but never use it unless I go out of town which is 2 or 3 times a year. As of now it has not been turned on in nearly four months. I keep the cell number of the phone taped to the back since I don't have it committed to memory. I've never sent a text message in my life. Just never got into cell phones or real phones. Mostly because I don't need one for work. I still use a landline phone at home and rarely use that. Just not a phone person. People that know me realize the best way to get ahold of me is via e-mail. Guess I'm weird.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I have a Galaxy Note 4 I bought 4 years ago. My first mobile phone ever. I carry it in the car for emergencies but never use it unless I go out of town which is 2 or 3 times a year. As of now it has not been turned on in nearly four months. I keep the cell number of the phone taped to the back since I don't have it committed to memory. I've never sent a text message in my life. Just never got into cell phones or real phones. Mostly because I don't need one for work. I still use a landline phone at home and rarely use that. Just not a phone person. People that know me realize the best way to get ahold of me is via e-mail. Guess I'm weird.
I would call you lucky. Well, I mean I would email you lucky.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Since I went to the flipper I found almost no one likes to call anymore.

You feel disconnected. Sort of like when man invented the wheel how they laughed at the neanderthal apemen still dragging crap around.

Users who are viewing this thread