Added 1.5 rise on Cobra Hood

mbuono

On-Track Instructor
Established Member
So after adding my Air to Air intercooler on the Kenne Bell couldn't fit the 96 Cobra hood anymore. Always like the look of that hood and hated to put my stock 95 hood back on so broke out the jig saw and cut the sides lifted it up 1.5" added some fiberglass and bondo then had painted. Think it came out pretty good.

Will get some better photos this weekend. But this gives you the idea.
dvc00022.jpg

DVC00026.JPG

DVC00027.JPG

Mike

Last edited:

mbuono

On-Track Instructor
Established Member
Latinimagexx said:
Nice man. How long did it take you to do?
Not to long, about three weeks total. I did body work, first time every tried that, then body shop did finishing work and paint. Had stock hood on while was having work done, so wasn't rushing.

Mike

TheBooger

umm what?
Established Member
:eek: wow dude that looks awsome. your car is badass, one of the sickest ive seen. :rockon: :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like it!! Very creative idea IMO. It would have been too easy just to buy another hood. Nice!

Zentenk

Established Member
Looks like the holes may get more airflow into them now... but are they functional?

mbuono

On-Track Instructor
Established Member
Zentenk said:
Looks like the holes may get more airflow into them now... but are they functional?
Scoops are not functional anymore. Found out that while racing near 140 it was getting too much air under hood and causing hood shake, not to mention air turbulance on radiator.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread