Add another dealer to crazy mark up list

DepWraith

Established Member
Here's the email I received back from Veterans Ford in Tampa after seeing this add on their website. Needless to say I politely told him no thanks, but I'll share the info with my car buddies so they can be informed as well and I will keep looking.

5966f09ce2de6af965189218dd7ca033.jpg

Mr. *******, we are getting the GT350 as you requested, If you would like to make an offer on the vehicle when it comes in ,we will definitely consider it. The vehicle as far as I am told will be Fully Loaded. I will offer you my contact information below and my personal number 813-735-1423. We can set a follow up for contact and keep you posted on this vehicle if you would like. Please let me know how I can help, thanks so much!...After a bit of further checking, I have found that this vehicle will be sold at $10,000.00 over M.S.R.P.....if you have an interest in this pricing we will secure a deposit of the 10,000.00 ....Please let me know.
Thomas C. Myers

Internet Director
Veterans Ford Tampa
7201 W. Linebaugh Ave.
Tampa, Florida 33625
813-962-1100 ext. 219

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Annnddd you didn't expect there to be any mark ups on these? When the 2011 gt500 came out with the new aluminum motors almost all the dealers near me had markups of almost over 20k. One dealer wanted $82k for a 2011 white vert fully loaded so this isn't shocking.

RLL

Established Member
Annnddd you didn't expect there to be any mark ups on these? When the 2011 gt500 came out with the new aluminum motors almost all the dealers near me had markups of almost over 20k. One dealer wanted $82k for a 2011 white vert fully loaded so this isn't shocking.

Too bad dealers get so greedy. Wait a year or two and prices will come down. I would bet that 11 white Vert. is closer to 35K than 82k now. Some fool may of lost 40K+ in that deal in just four years.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
You have to have more money than brains to pay anything over sticker...be patient deals will come about, and if you have to wait for the next model year so be it..any new car I buy is usually 5k under msrp

hognutz

Established Member
and this is why I ordered a hellcat at invoice to bridge the gap till I can order this car at invoice. I am defiantly going to buy one these I just don't even want to pay MSRP let alone 10k over.

on an odd side note I stumbled into the hellcat at invoice wile trying to locate a GT350 ha ha. The guy was like well I can't deal at all on one of those but I can sell you one of these at invoice.

bpmurr

Established Member
and this is why I ordered a hellcat at invoice to bridge the gap till I can order this car at invoice. I am defiantly going to buy one these I just don't even want to pay MSRP let alone 10k over.

on an odd side note I stumbled into the hellcat at invoice wile trying to locate a GT350 ha ha. The guy was like well I can't deal at all on one of those but I can sell you one of these at invoice.

How the heck did you stumble across a Hellcat at invoice?

hognutz

Established Member
How the heck did you stumble across a Hellcat at invoice?

one of the dealerships I called trying to get the GT350 was getting an extra hellcat they had not planned on. I bought a couple cars from them in the past. The guy said something like "these are not the droids or GT350 your looking for" before I was off the phone I had a 6speed granite hellcat on order. It had to be a 6 speed though he was clear on that.

my hope is by spring I will stumble on a GT350 the same way.

neelas

I was at Reynolds ford in norman asking about the gt350, how many are you getting, colors, options and such, what do I need to put down for a deposit, etc etc. The sales rep went to talk to his sales manager came back and said 5k down, I said ok, and then he said we will be selling it at 20k over msrp , I said buh-bye. Looks like I might wait until 2017 I'll pay msrp but I'm not going to give they 20k pure gross profit. That's just dumb.

1FASFKR

Established Member
I find it total hillarium when people bitch about mark up.

Supply and demand. The mere fact people are bitching speaks volumes to the possibility of owning one is real enough. Nothing new here. Just the greatest country on Earth! There's always China...where the possibility of a bicycle is real enough.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Guys putting this and the anniversary edition away are in for some disappointment. The ZR1 guys from the 80's learned that lesson the hard way.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
Guys putting this and the anniversary edition away are in for some disappointment. The ZR1 guys from the 80's learned that lesson the hard way.
I've got an 86 SVO with 70k miles on that I'd basically have to give away to get rid of it. Short of a GT Fords are shit investments unless you plan to seal it in a glass case and wait 50 years.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I still like the old ZR1. I bet they are a maintenance nightmare (cost wise) now.

I would love to have one and you can pick them up reasonable now. But, I think you are dead on with how expensive it could get owning one.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I've got an 86 SVO with 70k miles on that I'd basically have to give away to get rid of it. Short of a GT Fords are shit investments unless you plan to seal it in a glass case and wait 50 years.

I think the SVO's are a bit of an enigma here. Most any other rare option/special edition Mustang GT will hold it's value better IMO. Just think the market for a finicky turbo 4 cylinder Mustang is pretty limited. Then there's the joy of finding SVO specific replacement parts. But to your point, treating any late model Mustang like an investment is unwise.

sonic cobra

Established Member
I feel for you guys. After going thru the same thing back in 2003 for my Cobra, I just don't have the stomach to do it again.
I sold the Cobra last week.
One phone call to a large chevy dealer and I was able to order a 2016 Corvette M7 Z51 coupe with mag ride and performance data recorder for $7900 below MSRP. Comes to $63,623 plus tax and tags. Took less than 10 minutes.
I'm happy.
Look forward to seeing some of you GT350 guys on a track next year.
Good luck with your search

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
I feel for you guys. After going thru the same thing back in 2003 for my Cobra, I just don't have the stomach to do it again.
One phone call to a large chevy dealer and I was able to order a 2016 Corvette M7 Z51 coupe with mag ride and performance data recorder for $7900 below MSRP. Comes to $63,623 plus tax and tags. Took less than 10 minutes.
I'm happy.

It will be very interesting to see how these two cars natch up. Will be fun to see the results once the GT350 hits the streets......Steve

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
One phone call to a large chevy dealer and I was able to order a 2016 Corvette M7 Z51 coupe with mag ride and performance data recorder for $7900 below MSRP. Comes to $63,623 plus tax and tags.
Damn - that's a really good price. I've wrestled with the idea myself, particularly since I can get EVPP pricing.

1FASFKR

Established Member
I'm happy.

You're gonna love it! I got supliers discount when I ordered my wife's 15 vert. About $10k below MSRP. It was cheaper than my GT500 which I paid sticker for but no regrets. The Stingray handles AMAZING but my Ruby destroys it in straight.

Users who are viewing this thread