Acura RSX ???!!

jetblackcobra

Established Member
i thought these were supposed to be quick, but the one i raced tonight was not even worth my gas, i left him like he was standing still, dont they have 260hp??

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Originally posted by jetblackcobra
i thought these were supposed to be quick, but the one i raced tonight was not even worth my gas, i left him like he was standing still, dont they have 260hp??

No only 200 HP out of a i VTEC 2.0 I think its called K20 but even My Marauder is a more than a match.

Sephiroth

Established Member
Yea i raced one bone stock in the GT and by second gear it was all over. The race started me behind him at a light :rolling:

ReducedFat

THE PONTIFICATOR
Established Member
The type S has 200hp...but that's only because it revs higher. The stock RSX has 160hp, and they both have ~140 lb/ft of torque :xpl:

Nice interior though :shrug:

Firemedic01

Established Member
I left one of those in the dust a few months ago. From a roll it was like he had only 2 cylinders. Overrated, slow car. Then long after his humiliation, like a stupid ricer he passed me in a no passing zone approaching a curve. The genius could have caused a wreck but thankfully there were no cars coming the other way. Freakin' ricers don't know they have pathetic, slow cars.

Steeltwo

Established Member
Originally posted by Firemedic01
I left one of those in the dust a few months ago. From a roll it was like he had only 2 cylinders. Overrated, slow car. Then long after his humiliation, like a stupid ricer he passed me in a no passing zone approaching a curve. The genius could have caused a wreck but thankfully there were no cars coming the other way. Freakin' ricers don't know they have pathetic, slow cars.
i guess all cars were built for a straightline.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Steeltwo
i guess all cars were built for a straightline.
03 Cobra > G35 coupe at Streets of Willow...don't think an RSX could hang :whine: :cryying: :idea: :smmon: :thumbsup:

F23A4

Established Member
Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
03 Cobra > G35 coupe at Streets of Willow...

Gee, I wonder where the G35 would be if Nissan opted to drop the 4.5L 340hp V8 (a la Q45/M45...ergo G45) and ran that test again. (nevermind the SC for now)

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by F23A4
Gee, I wonder where the G35 would be if Nissan opted to drop the 4.5L 340hp V8 (a la Q45/M45...ergo G45) and ran that test again. (nevermind the SC for now)
:rollseyes

Coulda, woulda, shoulda...both cars (for now) are $35K...get over the fact that a Mustang can now handle a road course better than most imports...

evoish

Established Member
Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
:rollseyes

Coulda, woulda, shoulda...both cars (for now) are $35K...get over the fact that a Mustang can now handle a road course better than most imports...
Im just happy you said most and not all.

DSG03Snake

Established Member
I wonder how the Cobra would be if Ford put in a 10.0 V10 DOHC with a twin screw blower and reduced the weight of the car to 2000 lbs.

odie3283

Established Member
yeah the RSX is a slow car, faster than 95% of cars on the road, but when matched with a superior car it will get it's ass kicked...Most run mid 14's with mild mods

I had one of the quickest NA RSX's around, last 1/4 time before i traded in on the Cobra was a [email protected] slicks and the other 2 mods that i did not have installed i could have hit a low 13 perhaps high 12 if i hooked up good...Ran even with a WS6 on the highway once i had those mods up until about 120, then he slowly pulled away

It was basically just my cheap entry level beater...didn't want a nice car for my first purchase...It's a descent car, but far inferior to the Cobra...Was going to get a ZO6, but then drove the cobra...Felt it was the better car, maybe it's because of the 20k price difference

BTW...the type S isn't 200hp as opposed to 160 because it revs higher...not by any means...They have totally different engines, although they are all K20- K20a for type R (which i had), K20a2 for type S, and K20a3 for base and si...

281cobra

Drive by poster
Established Member

Then they would be right there with my four year old 320hp 4.6L V8. :)

Oh and the sad thing about the RXS is. You can buy a 6-speed 240hp V6 Honda Accord for about the same money. Hell they won't even put the Accord engine in the new TSX model which it sorely needs. I thought the Acura was suppose to be the flagship models?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread