Acid Reflux / GERD - Any Recommendations?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
And stay away from salads. Lettuce eats me alive.

ron-swanson-meme-food-that-my-food-eats.jpg

CV355

_
Established Member
I checked WebMD...you should get your affairs in order.

According to WebMD, I should have died 10 years ago. :/

And stay away from salads. Lettuce eats me alive.

Found that out the hard way yesterday...

But, someone recommended I eat a banana about 2 hours before bed and then nothing else. Worked like a charm. I actually slept through the entire night. First time in at least 4 months.

1sweetazz5.0

Established Member
I'd recommend digestive enzymes, probiotics, and L-glutamine. While not a short term fix, these may contribute toward an actual cure.

You may also need an h pylori test, and whatever else they have.

Look up GERD and low stomach acid/bacterial overgrowth/lack of enzymes. The doctors and big pharma want you on the RX's and continual appointments.
Absolutely!! Magnesium cured my acid reflux , you need to take the right form and the right amount 5 mg for every hundred pounds of body weight so if your 200 lb 1000 mg and what it says on the bottle isn't the actual element of magnesium it's bound to another salt so that only might be a hundred in that pill maybe even less do your research your body will heal if you give it what it needs.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

1sweetazz5.0

Established Member
Absolutely!! Magnesium cured my acid reflux , you need to take the right form and the right amount 5 mg for every hundred pounds of body weight so if your 200 lb 1000 mg and what it says on the bottle isn't the actual element of magnesium it's bound to another salt so that only might be a hundred in that pill maybe even less do your research your body will heal if you give it what it needs.

Not 100lbs , 1 pound of body weight. My bad.

JH#4839

Established Member
I had a endoscope and colon scope test done and was on prescription drugs for GERD for 15 years. I tried the BRAGGS apple cider vinegar and after a month or 2 mine eased up. I no longer take a prescription for GERD. It helped me. I take it in the morning and evening. Tablespoon with water. If I get a little bit of heartburn from spicy foods. I will take a teaspoon of baking soda with a glass of water. It worked for me. Buy the BRAGGS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR and give it a try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Not 100lbs , 1 pound of body weight. My bad.

Exactly why you don't take forum advice on supplementation...
Wonder how much his estate could sue for if he died from taking your advice and it could be traced back to hypermagnesia?
The horrible part is, neither you or I would do him any intentional harm but one single typo....

bonk96gt

Established Member
Don't know if you've been to the doc yet, but I experienced exactly what you described for a while. I would wake up choking on my stomach fluids in the middle of the night, woken up choking and then puking instantly, and had heartburn all the time. Tried the otc meds from the doc's advise and then after the several choking/puking episodes they looked internally and found a hiatal hernia. Basically the sphincter at the stomach / esophagus connection was herniated and didn't work properly any longer and wouldn't hold the stomach acids in the stomach and caused ulcers all over my esophagus. Had surgery to correct the stomach issue, nissen fundoplication it is called. Cured all the acid reflux 100% since that surgery. However it was a few years before I could burp again.

1sweetazz5.0

Established Member
Exactly why you don't take forum advice on supplementation...
Wonder how much his estate could sue for if he died from taking your advice and it could be traced back to hypermagnesia?
The horrible part is, neither you or I would do him any intentional harm but one single typo....
Possibly no different than getting information from any other interweb health site. Or YouTube . The truth is out there and you're sure not going to find it at your MD's office, they have absolutely no education in nutrition whatsoever, zero, zilch, nada. The internet has leveled the playing field so we can find the information to heal ourselves instead of going to get some drug it's just going to end up killing you down the road probably sooner rather than later. Unless you're some liberal ****ing turd you're clueless probably. And for the record that would have been 10 mg of magnesium you can take thousands of milligrams and all you will do is shit when you take too much.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

swardrn

Established Member
Man I've been a RN for 26 years and please get it TREATED. There can be some horrible long term affects if you don't. Personally I do best on a rotation of Prilosec otc once a day for 6 weeks then rotate with Prevacid once a day for 6 weeks. Please see a gastroenterologist (stomach dr) you can not overlook this!

CV355

_
Established Member
I made some dietary changes and it seems to be helping though I still get the nasty burn here and there. Ginger and apple cider vinegar have been helping a lot. I'm also working on cutting out 90% of my sugar intake. I've been going to bed starving but it seems to help too.

I'm seeing the doctor next week. Based on how everything else is going right now, I may toss the idea of euthanasia though they don't seem to find the humor in it.

CV355

_
Established Member
So, I saw the doctor yesterday. Guess I do have to see a gastroenterologist after all. Never a dull day. That's for sure. :(

Troponin

Established Member
How long did you have the reflux? Spitting up blood sounds like an ulcer.The good news is, a PPI is used to treat both acid reflux and ulcers.

If it persists or gets worse, get back to your doc. He might want to scope you. They can help speed up the recovery of an ulcer by scoping as well.

CV355

_
Established Member
How long did you have the reflux? Spitting up blood sounds like an ulcer.The good news is, a PPI is used to treat both acid reflux and ulcers.

If it persists or gets worse, get back to your doc. He might want to scope you. They can help speed up the recovery of an ulcer by scoping as well.

It was light and relatively manageable for the last few years. It really got out of control when I was put on one particular prescription that is known to exacerbate symptoms of GERD. I'm not on that prescription anymore, but I'm almost convinced that one of those horse-pills got stuck in my throat one night and just sat there burning a hole. I woke up and it felt like a chemical burn- water did nothing, TUMS did nothing- it just burned away for hours

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Zantac and omeprazole 40~60mg a day and you’ll be able to eat ghost peppers on a daily without heart burn. And some beer.

I tAke 40mg omeprazole prescribed and blue cross pays for most of all that shit for fraction. Hot wings all day Eeeerrrrrvy Day!

Troponin

Established Member
It was light and relatively manageable for the last few years. It really got out of control when I was put on one particular prescription that is known to exacerbate symptoms of GERD. I'm not on that prescription anymore, but I'm almost convinced that one of those horse-pills got stuck in my throat one night and just sat there burning a hole. I woke up and it felt like a chemical burn- water did nothing, TUMS did nothing- it just burned away for hours

I had a pretty severe case for years and my scope results were pretty good. Doc said that you can have what seems like a mild case and have horrible looking GI and vice versa. So don’t be too worked up yet.

CV355

_
Established Member
Zantac and omeprazole 40~60mg a day and you’ll be able to eat ghost peppers on a daily without heart burn. And some beer.

I tAke 40mg omeprazole prescribed and blue cross pays for most of all that shit for fraction. Hot wings all day Eeeerrrrrvy Day!

That looks to be where I'm headed. Man do I miss spicy food. I had plain-jane bbq sauce over the weekend and it felt like a downed a bottle of bleach.

Not even 6 months ago, I could down the hot wing challenge at Quaker Steak and the only burn I worried about was the exit.

Users who are viewing this thread