Accufab throttle body on.

03DOHC

Established Member
Special thanks to Xplicit.:thumbsup:

I know a lot of you have already done this mod, but I just wanted to say this thing is sweet. Throttle response is instant and boy can I hear what's going on in the blower now.:thumbsup: All kinds of cool sucking noises and the blower is definitely louder, me likes.:-D According to the stock boost gauge I picked up some boost and it comes on earlier too. Excellent.:beer:

Couple of pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

03DOHC

Established Member
I managed to get .976V for the TPS. Disconnected the battery and took her for a drive. We'll see how the idle is after a few drive cycles.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
Welcome to the TB club =>)
Thanks. I don't know if I picked up much, but it really feels much better.

Boy is that upper pulley huge.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
Does it sound like mine?
It's hard to tell, the fan was pretty loud in that clip. She definately makes more noise now, even at idle. Sounds like a giant vacuum cleaner now.:-D

Annihil8or

Got Fever?
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Thanks. I don't know if I picked up much, but it really feels much better.

Boy is that upper pulley huge.

Good move Dan, :thumbsup: you probably picked up between 20 and 25 RWHP at 6400 based on what I've seen. Of course, one of the other major benefits is the response time - when you want boost, you get boost and I mean right now! It's instant, full boost.

I can hear my supercharger whining through my TB and CAI even without boost at lower speeds. Any little twitch of the throttle causes the car to make animal-like snorting or gasping sounds. Finally, the beautiful fit and finish are the kickers to an awesome mod. Enjoy!:beer:

Robin

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by 03DOHC
I know a lot of you have already done this mod, but I just wanted to say this thing is sweet. Throttle response is instant and boy can I hear what's going on in the blower now. All kinds of cool sucking noises and the blower is definitely louder, me likes.
Yeh, isn't it great. And the sounds are definitely worth the price of admission! I went with the polished plenum. As a matter of fact I'm going to use my polishing cloth to give it more of a mirror shine.
:burnout:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by fr03cobra
No power inlet how did you order it without it? I had to buy the whole thing.
They come with the power inlet/plenum -- either powder coated or polished. I paid $605. for my polished Accufab TB/Plenum.

Users who are viewing this thread