Accufab Throttle Body/Accufab The Company

Annihil8or

Got Fever?
Established Member
This isn't just another post about the very popular and well proven Accufab TB. This post will share some insight into the quality of the good people who are Accufab.

Very recently my wife encouraged me to contact Accufab directly to immediately order and then go and pickup an Accufab TB. I called their office and got directions, we could make it in 45 minutes (staying with traffic) so we drove out to Ontario to get the parts. Everyone I spoke with on the phone had been very knowledgeable and very nice to work with. So far so good.

When we arrived, Jennifer identified us correctly without our saying a word. She remembered that I wanted to actually see the difference between the cast and the polished billet TB's to see which we liked the best. I was surprised that she had both units, brand new in the box, up front and ready for comparison.

The polished billet unit is gorgeous and very seductive however, at that time, we were thinking about warranty issues. The cast unit, with its high quality powder coated exterior, is a perfect match with the Eaton and looks like a Ford product. Also, Jennifer patiently explained that all of the components and tolerances were identical to the polished billet unit. Besides that, the price of the cast TB and plenum is $70 less than the polished billet, so we paid by credit card for the cast unit.

Before leaving, I asked Jennifer a question about checking the voltage on the throttle position sensor which is necessary after installation of the TB. She deferred to John who I figured was probably someone from their tech support dept. John came out and offered to show me on the car, specifically which two wires I would need to take the voltage measurement from after installation.

I found out then that John is John Mihovetz the owner/founder/racecar driver. He has something like 20 years of racing experience and knows Mustangs backwards and fowards. Evidently, he decided that he wanted to play with my car because he asked me if I wanted him to install the TB. Naturally, I agreed instantly.

He installed everthing and told me to take it for a spin, letting me know that I could expect a few hours worth of an 'adjustment period' where the computer would be adapting to the increased air flow. He said it might idle a little fast during this time. The instant results we felt were phenomenal - no doubt about, it felt like every bit of 25 RWHP increase and instant boost/better response.

The car did idle a bit fast when I would pull up to a stop. I went back by Accufab to say thanks and I mentioned the fast idle RPM, I wasn't going to be able to leave, he wanted back under the hood. He immediately detached the throttle cable and began actuating the butterfly very deliberately, then said, "Wait here please, I will be right back."

He came back with a polished billet unit, twisting the butterfly open and closed slowly. He exchanged polished billet for the cast aluminum and sent me back out for another test drive. I came back and reported that the car ran much better and no more fast idle. He would not allow me to pay for his labor or the difference for the polished billet unit. Oh, I almost forgot he also took me into the warehouse to see one of his racecars which was being rebuilt. :burnout:

John currently has the highest horsepower in a modular motor anywhere, well over 1,600! These people are wonderful, their product is great and their abilities are proven at the track. Sorry the post is so long but I thought there might be interest.

Robin:thumbsup:

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Almost but not quite the same back up. I must have rubbed them wrong. Got the same welcome and tour but he sold me on the Denso plugs because of my pulley mod. I did not know these plugs nor their various ratings. A week later I called his lady on the phone and told her I had an'03 Cobra and ordered the plugs. My car performed worse. I learned on this site I was sold Denso IT16 plugs and they should have been 22's. I called John and he said that was impossible! I sent him a photo of the box showing that he sent me 16's. We went around for a while about how that could not have happened. He then said if I returned (in person or my exp by mail) the 16's...he would knock off $6 each on the 22's. Now thats about $19 each net for freaking plugs. Needless to say I told him to pound sand. Got my plugs elsewhere.
And, that fast idle...it runs at 1200 for 3 sec after a stop then drops to 750. Really no problem. That has been discussed widely on this forum. I dynoed a RWHP and TQ increase of 7. Whoopie do!

BlKvNm

Established Member
That was a long, but nice read :)

Great customer service seems nearly impossible to find. I've never understood why most companys give two sh!ts less about customer service. If I had my own business, I'd be giving military discounts, discounts to repeat customers, and bend over backward style CS...why don't more places do this??? Probably because they just don't have to, they can survive with out the ones who expect top notch CS.

Anywho, glad it's running strong.

Mick

Annihil8or

Got Fever?
Established Member
Originally posted by BlKvNm
That was a long, but nice read :)

Great customer service seems nearly impossible to find. I've never understood why most companys give two sh!ts less about customer service. If I had my own business, I'd be giving military discounts, discounts to repeat customers, and bend over backward style CS...why don't more places do this??? Probably because they just don't have to, they can survive with out the ones who expect top notch CS.

Anywho, glad it's running strong.

Mick

Thanks Mick, I do have my own business - it's wholesale groceries so we sell to high volume restaurants and wagon jobbers, etc. It is a very competitive industry, without repeat business, and word of mouth referrals, the company would not have lasted a year. I respect and appreciate another business operator who shows integrity unconditionally stands behind their product.

Good luck with your snake!
:beer:

Robin

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I bought the polished/polished TB and love it. I definately feel a sotp difference and the throttle response is much better. The appearance is beautiful, so if I threw it on the dyno and only found a 7hp gain I wouldn't be upset. Sure I wanta more powah, but you can't measure apprearance and throttle response on a dyno.

Annihil8or

Got Fever?
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
I bought the polished/polished TB and love it. I definately feel a sotp difference and the throttle response is much better. The appearance is beautiful, so if I threw it on the dyno and only found a 7hp gain I wouldn't be upset. Sure I wanta more powah, but you can't measure apprearance and throttle response on a dyno.

Well said Mike! :thumbsup:

You have to love that response, full boost right now.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread